Get error warning in using ATM to set Stop Loss orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get error warning in using ATM to set Stop Loss orders

Implement automatic strategy using SampleATMstrategy. It issue may actually an issue with the ATM that I do not understand. ATM is invoked by my code fine. My ATM is executing 2 contracts one after another with the same STP loss and one contract having a trailing stop and the other a profit target.. I keep getting random error warnings :"stop price cannot be changed below the market.".The error refers to the Stop Loss oders I am placing; however they are placed and work fine. Also I seeomg random Sell Stp and Buy Stp orders in Yellow( or Gold) which I cannot get rid of. They cannot be deleted.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks.

Hello gchan,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into scriptingsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com with your log and trace files so we may investigate this matter. In your email, please title the subject ATTN: Brandon H. Also, in the subject, please include a link to this forum post.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Additionally, so I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Who is your broker?
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Are the yellow stop orders placed on a Sim101 account or a Live account?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    I look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I provided the requested information a week or so back. Do you suggestions on how to fix the problems I am seeing.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello gchan,

Thank you for your note.

Thank you for that information.

I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

The error message is advising that your strategy submitted a BuyStopMarket order at 13179.75 that was below the current market price when the order was placed.

In your strategy's logic, you would need to make sure that the order you are placing place is appropriate for the current price of the instrument. Buy stop orders must be placed above the current ask price. Sell stop orders must be placed below the current ask price.

To understand why the script is behaving as it is, such as placing orders or not placing orders when expected, it is necessary to add prints to the script that print the values used for the logic of the script to understand how the script is evaluating.

In the strategy add prints (outside of any conditions) that print the values of every variable used in every condition that places an order along with the time of that bar. Prints will appear in the NinjaScript Output window (New > NinjaScript Output window).

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior and including a link to a video recorded using the Strategy Builder.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...121#post791121

If you have orders stuck on the Sim101 account, we advise that you reset the Simulation account to resolve this item.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account:
        • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the Accounts tab
        • Right click on your simulation account and select 'Edit Account'
        • Press the "Reset" button

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello,

I was trading fast moving market in SIM ATM manually (NQ prior market close), Once first order set getting hit and market moves one more tick - ATM trailing kicks in. As it was trailing - I got messages: Sim101, Stop price can't be changed above the market. affected order: Sell 1 StopMarket @ 14875.75 (even though everything worked as expected)... When market was moving slow (NQ) - I didn't get that error. Can this error be turned off / ignored / disabled?

Thanks

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Thanks for your note.

There is not an option to disable error pop-up messages at this time.

That said, we do have an internal ticket for a feature request for this and I have added your vote to it.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-671. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I too would like to vote for this, or atleast make it so it's not the only thing I can interact with when it triggers.

Comment

Hello WhyHighC,

Thanks for your note.

Your vote has been added to SFT-671.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses