Horizontal line label?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal line label?

Hello, I'm getting mad......did I got it wrong or it is true that according to NT8 placing a stupid horizontal line on the chart does not allow to have a label next to it automatically placed on the price bar on the right? Is this real? Already wasted 30 min looking to do it..my God.. And do not tell me that I need a indicator for this
    Thanks
    Max

Hello Max,

Yes, when you use the Horizontal Line drawing tool, it does not plot a price marker on the price axis. You could use the 'Constant lines' indicator for this purpose. Please right click in the chart and select 'Indicators'. Add the 'Constant lines' indicator and enter the value you like on the right. This horizontal line will have a price marker on the price axis.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello jason,
      but WHY WHY? tell me WHY? For God's sake!
      Who needs all the bells and whistles when we are missing the basics?
      Just give US, I'm not the only wondering I'm sure, a reason for not having a chance to make a label visible on a horizontal line?
      I'M MAD
      Thanks
      Max

Comment

This is how Horizontal Line drawing tools work in the NinjaTrader platform. Unfortunately it does not include a price marker on the price axis.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

FYI - not sure why Jason didnt suggest looking in the ninjatrader ecosystem - based on number of posts has been in ninja for quite sometime
          Gomlabelhorizlines | NinjaTrader Ecosystem
          There are some vendor ones - one is even free and there are a few in user app share.
          I already requested this and my vote some time ago so hopefully jason is adding your vote to an existing request

Comment

Max told in his initial post that he did not want me to tell him to use an indicator for this. So I suggested a default indicator of the NinjaTrader platform and not a custom indicator which Max would then have to import in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks for the replies...
              Of course I know there are indicators for lines with price labels, but these one like "constant lines" cannot be dragged for example...you see we are in 2021 and I cannot drag a line...have to say something else?
              And of course indi are not as fast as a basic horizontal native line function,
              That's why i'm totally excluding it as an option for I've paid for a platform that apparently just suck and keep adding useless things forgetting the important ones

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-253. We added your vote. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes