Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Center settings defaulted after NinjaTrader Froze

Hello,

My Control Center settings have reset to defaults after NT froze on me. I ended the program through Task Manager then restarted my computer.

After I restarted, I reloaded a workspace, and I think I did not notice that the Control Center settings were in a default state before saving that workspace.

I have read that every time a workspace is saved, that creates a backup or restore state?
    Does this state include the settings for Control Center? Control Center seems to retain its own settings when switching between workspaces. Or Control Center appears the same for all workspaces.

I am looking for a way to restore my Control Center settings without manually reconfiguring them please.

Thank you for any help.

Hello 9817_dynamic,

Thank you very much for your post.

Do you know what settings changed specifically? The only settings that NinjaTrader would remove would be your license key and live account credentials, e.g. in the case that your Machine ID changed and the platform can't be 100% certain it is still running on the same PC as prior.

For security reasons, this information would have to be manually re-entered, and would not be retrievable after this ID changed.

Any other setting should be retained across restarts unless Windows itself removes data. This could occur, e.g. if Microsoft OneDrive restores files from another PC or former version. Any files overwritten would, in most cases, be irretrievable.

If you could let me know what information has been removed, we might be able to further track down what occurred.

To analyze the crash, I'd like to take a closer look at your log & trace files, as they should indicate exactly what occurred. As these can contain personal information (such as your live username), it'd be better if you could send us these through the platform directly.

You may do so by clicking on Help > Email Support, please also leave the following note in the email, as this will allow us to associate it with this post:

ATTN Manfred 3016905

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your reply!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

I guess it did not fully default then because my license key and data connections are still intact. I did not have to re-enter that information.

The tabs (Orders, Executions, Strategies, etc.) changed. I had added order and account tabs that had account filters on them.
      The column order and widths for each tab changed.
      The tab properties (columns included on each tab and font size) have changed.

I will send the log and trace files in a little while.

I have strategies running at the moment. Once I am done trading I will attempt to restore a workspace to see if that restores my previous settings.

Thank you for the info.

Comment

I restored a previous workspace, and that did not restore my previous Control Center settings. I went ahead and just reconfigured my Control Center.
        Where are the Control Center settings stored so I can make a backup of them to save outside of the NinjaTrader 8 directory?

Thank you for any info

Comment

Hello 9817_dynamic,

I'm glad to hear you were already able to restore these settings, albeit manually.

The Control Center settings, as they are independent of the actual workspace, are saved in the "_Workspaces.xml" file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces folder.

The _Workspaces.xml file saves the settings of which workspace(s) are open and active, as well as all settings, properties, and positions of the Control Center itself.

This file is also included in the backup, as long as "Workspaces" is selected. However, if you save the workspace files individually, this data would not be included.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
          Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fantastic!

Thank you for the info!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH