Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options trading platforms

Hi,

Is there any options trading platform other than Interactive Brokers that can connect to NT7 and NT8?

Regards

Kay Wai

Hello Kay,

Thank you for your post.

Options are not supported through NinjaTrader 7. For NinjaTrader 8, please see the table from our help guide here:

There is a column that shows the instruments supported by provider. The (O) means that NinjaTrader may receive options data for the underlying instrument type. When it comes to trading options with NinjaTrader, that is currently only supported through NinjaTrader Continuum with WebAPI enabled.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them here.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi kaywai,

Just this morning I was testing NT8 options capability against the TDA account through my NT8 connection to the TD Ameritrade API.

For sure you will need and want ThinkorSwim to truly manage options at TDA but I was happy to see some basic equities options appear in NT8's early Option Chain releases.

In the images below you can see a little of what is available via the TDA API:
      • My current view of the TSLA Option Chain
      • A few simple actual live positions at TDA ( a few BB puts and a RBLX Call Credit Spread)
      • A TSLA debit Call Spread I randomly submitted when testing buy and selling options via Order Ticket and Basic Entry against my Sim account.

I just posted this Requested Options and Option Chain Feature Enhancements https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...e-enhancements

If you concur please add your vote as well ... or even better yet ... all who read this post please add to that feature request improving it with your learnings and needs.

HedgePlay
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi hedgeplay,

Thanks for that! I've been papertrading with IB for a few weeks now and have been having data issues when i toggle between different contract expiries on SPY. And it took IB 3 weeks to let me know that it is a known issue. Can't say I'm pleased but I still need them as I have an indicator that I use which I got programmed on NT7. Very reluctant to have it programmed again in case a NT9 appears since NT8 has been around for some time.

But happy to add my vote to your cause.

Regards

kaywai

Comment

Hello Unclefedor,

Thank you for your post.

Please send us your log and trace files so that we may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please use the information box to provide more details about the dilemma you are facing and answer the following questions so we may more accurately assist you:
          • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
          • Who is your broker?
          • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 03-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
          • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
          • Do you receive an error on the screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Thank you for your patience.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kempotrader  
          Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
          0 responses