Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start NinjaTrader with a specific workspace

Hello,

We are trying to start NinjaTrader with a specific workspace.

We found a workaround by editing the _Workspaces.xml and setting the ActiveWorkspace to the one I need.

Does any one know a better solution?

thank you.

Hello Devside_Victor,

Yes, please close all workspaces except for the one you like to have opened before you exit NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Workspaces, hover your cursor on a workspace and select close. Make sure workspaces don't show a grey icon in front and the workspace is question shows a green icon in front. Then restart NinjaTrader and it will only open the workspace in question.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thank you for your quick reply.

Is there any possibility to run NinjaTrader from powershell using specific workspace regardless what workspace was active before?

Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported.

Comment

Victor, the attached workspace startup tool might be useful.

NT8 Workspace Startup.zip

Comment

Hello all,

thank you very much for your replies.

Lancer if I understand correctly your tool makes changes to the _Workspaces.xml like I described in my original post?

Comment

Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Hello Devside_Victor,

Yes, please close all workspaces except for the one you like to have opened before you exit NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Workspaces, hover your cursor on a workspace and select close. Make sure workspaces don't show a grey icon in front and the workspace is question shows a green icon in front. Then restart NinjaTrader and it will only open the workspace in question.
                Hi! I am new to NT8, I have 5 windows in my only one workspace, how to open up all 5 windows at the same time/place every time I launch NT8 ? Right now, I have to click one by one the 5 windows to show it one at a time. Is there a function that 'gel' all these 5 windows together like IBKR TWS ?

I also want to create another workpace in tick charts (the current one in minutes chart) and want this 2nd tick WS to open in my 2nd monitor; how to set it up ? Current minutes WS in my main monitor and 2nd tick WS in my secondary monitor.

Thanks in adavnnce.

Comment

Hello bangka888,

Unfortunately there is no function in NinjaTrader to bring up all windows of a workspace at once when they are all minimized. Can you please place your charts and other windows at the locations you like on your monitors. Then click the X in the upper right corner of the Control Center and click Yes to save the workspace. If you start NinjaTrader again, it should open the charts and other windows at the location when you saved the workspace last.

This is not possible. You can only have 1 workspace open on your monitors at a time. Please see the link below for more information on workspaces in NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

A couple of comments/clarifications, if I may.....

#Jason "Unfortunately there is no function in NinjaTrader to bring up all windows of a workspace at once when they are all minimized." - I am beyond certain that this used to be possible. It wasn't easy or obvious and used Windows OS Shortcuts to do so. Right click on the Ninja Taskbar icon and then keystroke combo. I recall that on the rare occasions I wanted to use this I would end up Googling to refresh memory of how to do so. I am also certain that I recently had cause to and tried to do this, and could not find a method, and gave up.
                    Can you confirm that this used to be possible, but functionality has been removed? If so, hours wasted finding this to be so. I don't recall any mention of its removal; in Release Notes (otherwise I wouldn't have spent hours trying to find what I had known to be possible).

A supplementary question, if the above is so, would be why this functionality would be removed (may be Windows, not NT)

Comment

Hello brucerobinson,

Thank you very much for your note.

The feature you are looking for is indeed a Windows-native feature that is available if you hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard depressed while right-clicking an icon in your taskbar that has more than one stacked window.

It will then show you the option to minimize or restore all windows in one go:

Click image for larger version

Name:	shift-right.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1157073

Is this the function you were looking for?
                      Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#Manfred thanks, it is indeed. Hope it helps Bangka & Jason to know.
                        Best,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post elirion
                        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                        0 responses