Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding an indicator that lets you know when there is a large volume

Hello,
    I am looking for an indicator that lets you know when the volume is large. For example, the indicator could take the average of the last 20 volumes and consider a volume high if it was > 1.2 of the average.
    Thank you in advance for any help finding this indicator.

Here you get it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, thank you, that is great, I was looking for something that already existed and you created something from scratch, that is awesome!
      Can you explain a little how it works? I see that the Orange Brush should be creating a Bar and the gold should be a line, I see the gold line but I do not see the Orange bar (is that the natural color of the bars but after you color them based on the equation we never see that color?). After I updated the Moving Average to include the 1.2 and took that out of the equation the colors of the bars made more sense since the line showed where they would be above or below.
      Is there a way I can update this so that the bars are the standard colors for up vs down but there is something on the main chart instead of the volume chart, kind of like VolumeSpikeNT8? (https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ume-spike-nt8/). Is it simply using BackBrush?
      If not no worries this does what I asked.

Comment

See, I made it from scratch for some other user with a bit diff req., you asked to include 1.2 times the avg which I updated & shared. Orange was the default color for Volume & Gold is the default color for Volume MA, since no conditions for Volume MA so you can see that as it is, as for Volume the condition is simply if Volume > 1.2 time Volume MA then color will be dark cyan & otherwise i.e. Volume is less than 1.2 times Volume MA the color would be crimson.
        You can always change it as required. I am not using back brush, basically back brush is used for chart background. It depends on what exactly you need. Since you never made any specific requirement so I shared what was available with nearest match. Yes, you can make it work in that manner as you like. If you need any help while making changes you can ask me freely.

Comment

Thank you! I will play around with it and post what I come up with.

Comment

This is what you need.
            Attached Files

Comment

That is almost the same as what I came up with. Thank you so much for your help!
              Here is what I had.

jwVolumeSpikeNT8.zip

Comment

Great, so you did what I left for you, happy learning.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                9 responses
                0 likes