Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart does not load

hi there!
    I just installed NT to test it and my chart is not loading. I tried Futures, Indices, Crypto, Forex instruments. Chart is always empty.

Example attached.

Attached Files

For NinjaTrader to display any data in a chart, it must be connected to a data provider. Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.

Comment

It says "My NinjaTrader Continuum" and it is green.

Comment

I went to configurator and I added the option "Include FX" and now I can see Forex Instruments. Other instruments are still empty.

Comment

I would expect a 'NinjaTrader Continuum' connection to provide futures (for example, ES 06-21). If 'Include FX' is checked and your underlying login credentials support forex, then I would expect you to be able to view futures and forex instruments (for example, EURUSD and NQ 06-21).

Who provided you with these credentials? Is this a demo data feed or a live brokerage feed?

What other instruments are you attempting to view?

Comment

Yeah, after activating the Include FX, I can see all FX and Futures instruments. However I can't see indices, like XAU.
            The credentials I received from CQGTrader after I fill a form in NT website.

Comment

But its ok, at least I can test the platform with what I have... only thing that is a little bit annoying with the data feed is that I see candles from Mar 18 until today. I can't see before that... is any configuration or a limitation of the demo?

Comment

The demo data feed will supply data for the most popular futures and forex instruments, however, indices are not provided. If you want to view certain instruments that the demo feed does not provide, you'll need a paid data feed either through a supplementary data provider or through a brokerage account. If you'd like more information on your options for data or brokers, please contact my colleagues on the Platform Sales team via email at PlatformSales[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Originally posted by lebaruch View Post
                But its ok, at least I can test the platform with what I have... only thing that is a little bit annoying with the data feed is that I see candles from Mar 18 until today. I can't see before that... is any configuration or a limitation of the demo?
                The amount of data shown on a chart is controlled by the chart's 'Days to load' property. Right-click on the chart > Data series > Find 'Days to load' and increase it > OK. Here is a link to the specific help guide section on this topic:Here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of the platform:Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:If you have further specific questions, I'd recommend starting a new forum topic or contacting us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 03-23-2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks! Even not having all the instruments I have enough to test the platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Taddypole