NT 8 Connected to IB but no Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 Connected to IB but no Data

I just switched from TD Ameritrade to IB. I was able to get everything configured and connected (Have green dot on lower left corner of NT) but no data is coming through. All my charts keep saying 'Loading...'. I've disconnected, rebooted the PC, tried to reconnect again and nothing. What am I missing?

Hello crazyhorse2393,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Interactive Brokers' historical data requests can be really tricky when compared to a more specialized data provider. If you request too much data at any time, your connection may get throttled and load very slowly or it may not load at all until the historical data request is canceled. These are limitations that are not possible to overcome. I'd suggest reading through the historical data limitations that can be viewed publicly on the TWS website at the link below;

https://interactivebrokers.github.io...mitations.html

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument symbol (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-21, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • What is the 'Days to Load' setting of the chart?
    • How many instruments total are you loading between both NinjaTrader and TWS?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help. With the greatly reduced settings it has finally started charting in real time, but none of the indicators (2 MA's and two custom and vol) have loaded. Is any of this historical data saved on the locally or does it all have to be gathered from the provider every time a request is made?

-8.0.22.2 64-bit
      -SPY
      -5 min candle chart
      -changed to 30 days to load
      -1 instrument and now only one chart. :-/
      -no errors

Comment

It finally loaded everything. I'd still like to know if the data is stored on the local machine and thus is present the next time I open NT or if this is something I have to tolerate every time I open NT?

Comment

Hello crazyhorse2393,

Thank you for your reply.

Historical data that you've previously loaded will be saved locally, and will be used by NinjaTrader to populate the chart with historical data. The only data that would come from the server is data that you had not yet loaded. More information about how NinjaTrader loads historical data may be found at the link below;

Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by giulyko00, Today, 12:03 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
          1 response
          0 likes