ATM Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Stops

When you're in multiple active trades, adjusting your targets and adjusting your stops, why is there no information regarding which stop belongs to which entry point? Say I'm in 3 simultaneous trades and making adjustments to all 3, I have no way of identifying which stop belongs to which trade. This is very confusing. I understand some people like to mentally manage their trades but for those who would like to know which stop is which, does this ability not exist?

Hello sevansounds,

Thank you for your post.

If you are using multiple active ATM strategies on the same instrument, I would suggest using the "Display Selected ATM Strategy Only" display mode on your order entry window. In order to change the ATM strategy selection mode, please right-click your order entry window (i.e. SuperDOM, Chart Trader, etc) and go to Properties. There should be a dropdown menu for the selection mode. For a more in-depth breakdown of the options available, please see the help guide section here:

If you are managing your stops from the Control Center, you could use the information from the orders tab to try and distinguish the relationship between the entries and stops. For example, if you are trading multiple instruments you could review which order is tied to which instrument. There is also a column on the orders tab that shows which Strategy was used with the orders - if you are using multiple different ATM Strategy Templates this could help you to tell the difference between the orders.

I hope this information has been useful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them here.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. So are you saying that when "display selected ATM strategy" is selected that whichever stop I click on it will show me active PnL for that specific trade?

I trade ES only so I'm only using 1 instrument and only trade off one 2000 tick chart. Say I enter one trade with my standard ATM strategy, then while in that trade I enter into another trade, both entries at different prices. Then say I join both of my stop lines together. Once they are joined together If I decide I would like to move those independently again I can easily grab one and move it to whatever new location I want while keeping the other stop in place. However, once I join them together (meaning both stops are sharing the same stop price, and then I grab one stop to move it, I no longer know which stop I am actually moving or what order the stop belongs to.

Comment

Hello sevansounds,

Thank you for your reply.

I have created a quick video that breaks down moving your stops as well as changing between active strategies with the "Display selected ATM strategy only" selection mode:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

ATM strategies are broken down into further detail in our ATM 201 and ATM 301 training webinars. We have recorded versions on our YouTube channel here:

ATM 201 - https://youtu.be/Gnyx8RSp3EI

ATM 301 - https://youtu.be/DH9y-j64X1U

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you for that video. I went to test these out and ran into a problem with opening Ninjatrader. I'm not sure why this may be happening but all of a sudden when I open NT it's as if I am opening it for the first time....ever. My login info is gone, my connection is gone, the software seems to be booting up as if its the first time i've ever opened it. I tried entering my license key, creating the correct connection and all. Doesn't seem to be liking my information and I can't figure out why it would open as if its the first time. I've been using it for many many months, any suggestions as to why it may be acting like this? As well as how to resolve things so that it opens up in the state it always does when functioning correctly? Thank you

Comment

Hello sevansounds,

Thank you for that information.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post and reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3027539 ATTN Emily

I appreciate your patience and look forward to resolving this with you.

Comment

Question about the ATM selectable strategies we were talking about above. I've tried a few of them in SIM and it seems as if some of the orders are working in a OCO state when I have "display selected ATM" selected. When I'm in my regular mode of "keep selected strategy" then I can create multiple orders and additional orders do not cancel previous active orders out. When I try the "display selected ATM" method, is something changing where a future order can have the ability to cancel out a previous order?

Comment

Hello sevansounds,

Thank you for your reply.

Using the 'Displayed Selected ATM Strategy Only' selection mode does not cause one ATM Strategy to cancel another. It does not change the behavior of the orders at all, only the way that they are displayed to you. With that said, as the name implies, you will only be able to view the selected, active ATM Strategy and no others. The active ATM Strategy is represented by a lightening bolt next to the name. If I have the template selected, I will not see the orders associated with active ATM Strategy. I would need to first select the active ATM Strategy from the control list to view and manage those orders or select the 'None' option, which will show me all of my orders. To demonstrate this, I've created a video that I've made publicly available from the link below;

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
                Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi  
                Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes