Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option Chain display

Hi,

Is it possible to have the option chain window display more accurate strike prices which are reflective of where the market for the option is over weekends? Please see attached. In the background you will see TWS Option Chain. And in the foreground, you will see the NT8 Option Chain.

For SPY, the ETF closed at 395.98, and IB's TWS is showing the closing quotes for SPY at relevant strikes. I have connection to IB on NT8 and it is connected right now but the strike prices displayed on the option chain window are way off and random. Is there a way to fix this or can we have this fixed so that I can select the correct strike for charting purposes.

For the strikes that are already on the chart window, there is no issue with having the chart update to the latest available data.

Regards
    Kay Wai
    Attached Files

Hello kaywai,

Thank you for your post.

What version of TWS or the IB Gateway are you using? You can check under TWS or Gateway Help menu -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

With the current version of NinjaTrader 7 and 8, it is critical that you use TWS version 978.2c. Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 978.2c via the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Ensure to follow all necessary steps in the Help Guide including setting the appropriate 'Socket Port' and enabling 'Enable ActiveX and Socket Clients'.

If these instructions do not resolve the matter. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with your log and trace files included as an attachment to the email, so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Shawn,

I have been using 978.2c all this while. This issue only occurs when the markets are closed. It reverts back about an hour or two before the market begins trading.

Regards,
      Kay Wai

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5229. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
          Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by merzo, 06-25-2023, 02:19 AM
          10 responses
          1 like
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes