Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equity Options Charting in NT8

Hi Gents

I'm looking to charting equity options in NT8 ?
    What historical and realtime intraday datafeeds i can use to chart intraday equity options charts ?

Please help me with free historical and realtime datafeed intraday charting for equity options .. i.e. interactive brokers , tdameritrade.
    I can't afford iqfeed or kinetick.

Is it possible to charting equity options (historical and realtime intraday charting for equity options) on NT8 using IB or TDA ?

Hello omrangassan,

TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers are supported for stocks and options on stocks in NinjaTrader.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to TD Ameritrade as well as specific connection configuration information:
    The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers as well as specific connection configuration information:
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi chris

i tried to connect NT8 to my TD Ameritrade as you described in the connection guide but once i click the green (Allow) button in internet explorer : the window close and disappear without activation in NT8.

may you help me to connect nt8 to tda ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello omrangassan,

Thank you very much for your reply.

As a first step, please ensure NinjaTrader is fully up-to-date. You may find the currently installed version under Help > About.

At the time of this post, the current version would be 8.0.24.2. If this is not the installed version, please first update your platform.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        As a second step, I would suggest clearing Internet Explorer's cache and cookies, as this should also reset TD Ameritrade's authorization.

The easiest way to take care of that is to open the Internet Explorer and press CTRL-SHIFT-DELETE at the same time. This will then open a window that allows you to delete all historical data.

Once cookies and cache have been cleared, please delete the existing TD Ameritrade connection in NinjaTrader and create a new one. This should then let you authenticate and connect without further issues.

Should this not work or if you encounter any issues connecting, please email us at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we can then schedule a remote session to assist you in getting connected.

Don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!
        Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
          Hello omrangassan,

Thank you very much for your reply.

As a first step, please ensure NinjaTrader is fully up-to-date. You may find the currently installed version under Help > About.

At the time of this post, the current version would be 8.0.24.2. If this is not the installed version, please first update your platform.

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
          • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
          As a second step, I would suggest clearing Internet Explorer's cache and cookies, as this should also reset TD Ameritrade's authorization.

The easiest way to take care of that is to open the Internet Explorer and press CTRL-SHIFT-DELETE at the same time. This will then open a window that allows you to delete all historical data.

Once cookies and cache have been cleared, please delete the existing TD Ameritrade connection in NinjaTrader and create a new one. This should then let you authenticate and connect without further issues.

Should this not work or if you encounter any issues connecting, please email us at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we can then schedule a remote session to assist you in getting connected.

Don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!
          it is still not working : still same issue ; once i click the green "allow" button then the explorer close out without any result !

what shall i do ?

Comment

Hello omrangassan,

Please send us a brief email to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com.

That way we could schedule a remote session with you and ensure we can get you connected to TD Ameritrade without any delay.

If you could also add the following note to your email, we can quickly associate it with your forum post:

ATTN Manfred 3046780

I look forward to your email!
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Manfred; 04-07-2021, 08:09 AM.
            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

email sent - ATTN Manfred 3046780

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion