X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Level 2 shows only one Nasdaq exchange

Hello,
    I am trading US stock at IB,i have subscribe all level 2 data:
    NYSE OpenBook, NYSE ArcaBook, NASDAQ TotalView-OpenView, NASDAQ BX TotalView and Cboe BZX Depth of Book.
    Last friday after hours I realized that NT level 2 and Order Flow market depth shows only Nasdaq exchange.
    I search on forums and I found information that NT doesn't pull all level 2 data via API.
    Is it true ???

Hello t3chn0,

At the current time, only the primary exchange will show Level 2 data in NinjaTrader, if an Interactive Brokers connection is used.

While this is not the case with other providers, this is due to API limitations with this connection.

That means if you chart a stock that is listed on the NASDAQ as the primary exchange (e.g. AMD), it would not show Level 2 data for other exchanges.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is very disappointed because other providers don't have all level 2 data !
      Kinetic does not supply level 2 data for the NYSE and CBOE.
      Barchart has only level 1
      IQfeed has level 1 and only Nasdq level 2 !
      Only provider in this case to allows pull all level 2 is esignal.
      I need to know in 100% if NT8 are able to pull all level 2 data from Esignal to see it in Order Flow market depth inluding:

NYSE OpenBook, NYSE ArcaBook, NASDAQ TotalView-OpenView, NASDAQ BX TotalView and Cboe BZX Depth of Book.
      Could you confirm it ???

Comment

Hello t3chn0,

eSignal's support team informed us that they will be deprecating support for third-party platforms like NinjaTrader. As a result, we would no longer recommend eSignal as a market data solution.

NinjaTrader supports stock trading with TD Ameritrade and Interactive Brokers. So you may be able to get more extensive Level 2 data by using the real-time data feed from one of these brokers. Then you can load historical tick data by connecting to either Kinetick or IQFeed as a secondary data provider. Here is a link with more information about setting preferred data providers for real-time and historical data:Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I can not load level 2 data from IB bacause only the primary exchange will show Level 2 data in NinjaTrader !
          If you stop support esignal connection this means that there is no way to get in Ninjatrader Level 2 data from all exchanges.
          You are selling Kinectick for stock but it doesn't have NYSE and CBOE !
          You should tell everyone that Ninjatrader level 2 data for stock works only partly and it always be compromise !
          This is very disapointed guys

Comment

it's still this way and having that info prior try trying out ninjatrader would be very important. Wasted time

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Rapine Heihei