Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application becomes un-responding when running customer backtest strategy

hello,

I have developed (though outsourcing) a custom strategy in C#. I am trying to run a basket backetest but when finished, NT continued to run un-responding. I had to terminate the application from the task manager. I then restarted it and tried to run the test again again but then I had to kill the application again because it become un-responding, this time before finishing the backtest (through strategy analyzer). Could you please investigate? Is it strange that NT continued to drain resources long time after the backtest had been completed?

I have also tried to contact you through platform support but that also keeps freezing. Please provide an e-mail where I can send you the log files.

Thanks

Hello space_trader,

I would definitely like to take a look at your log & trace files, they should help us track down what is causing these issues.

If possible, could you email the log & trace files to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com?

To send us these files, please follow the steps below:
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the above email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Please also leave the following note in your email, we can then quickly associate it with your post here:

ATTN Manfred 3035874

I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello space_trader,

I just wanted to leave a public post here regarding the ticket and solution, should anyone be looking for this specific issue in the future.

The issue here was that the strategy had a debug mode enabled, which would create hundreds upon hundreds of megabytes of log files, thus slowing the strategy down during the 'high speed' backtest.

While the debug log would likely not have caused slowdowns while the strategy was running in realtime, running it through months of backtesting in minutes ended up causing this symptom.

If you experience the same issue, please ensure your strategy does not debug during a backtest.

If in doubt, don't hesitate to reach out to us!
      Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes