Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change default size of Chart Markers

Hello ,

I need to know how the default size of Chart Markers like Dot , Diamond , Square & etc...
    Will you please tell in which file/folder the size can be manipulated/changed?

Thank you

Please search in the link below:

If i not mistaken, there should be some ninjatrader customer service upload some chart marker there.

And then once you import it and run it.
    You have to use new function command.
    ** Please check inside the code.

Comment

Hello AH369,

Unfortunately this is not supported by default. cincai likely refers to the custom created indicator at the link below.
      These are duplicate chart markers to what comes with the platform except you can change the size of them. The existing chart markers will remain as well. This will allow you to create custom sized chart markers that you can create and save as default so that you can draw the markers as needed to […]

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
      1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
      2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
      3. Select the downloaded .zip file
      4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
      • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK
      Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ,

Thank you Jason & cincai for your suggestions, I am using an indicator which changes color of Chart Markers on the fly but doesn't work with the indicator that you suggested.
        Is there a file within NT8 folders that I can change the size of Chart Markers permanently?

For example: as I remember when I used to work with NT7 I was able to increase the number of Fib ratios in NT7 platform by accessing the related file and manually manipulate it. I am wondering if I can do same with NT8 to change the size of the chart markers?

Thank you

Comment

Hello AH369,
          ChartMarkerPlusV2 is correctly suggested by Jason & works well with NinjaScripts, its size / color can be controlled thru script. If its not working for you it seems you're still using the original chart marker in your indicator mistakenly. Let me correct you while calling this in indicator, use below for Arrow Up:
          Code:
          DrawPlus.ArrowUpp(...);
          Original Chart Markers were called thru Draw.ArrowUp(...); for example.
          There no such file to alter size in NT8, original chart markers are coded with bar width for size.
          Hope it helps!
          Last edited by s.kinra; 04-02-2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB