Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on NT8 drawing elements

Good morning,

Please, I need to ask and confirm whether or not I am doing the right thing in my day to day work.

It is about: drawing elements in NT8.

Attached two images of the ES future I trade every day and in these 2 sessions of 2 days in particular you can see that I use several drawing elements.
    I do this every day of official trading session.

My questions are:

- These drawing elements require too much memory inside NT8 and this can cause worse performance of my platform even if my computer has a lot of RAM and is a very powerful PC ? In addition to the possible worsening performance of my NT8 can also cause the price slide to be altered by drawing many drawing elements ?.

- Your recommendation could be to eliminate the drawing elements of past sessions? If I don't do this, it is because I often go back to the past to review my sessions and return to make studies of the past sessions.

- On the other hand, in NT7 when doing copy and paste each element did not suffer any change of position but in NT8 for example a horizontal line if I do copy paste the new line moves, in general terms, it moves half a point. And this happens with every drawing element. In NT8 is there an option to be like in the previous version?

If you estimate another recommendation on this subject that is not included in my previous questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your help.
    Best regards. Javier LL.

Hello Javier,

Thank you very much for your post.

Regarding the NT7/8 difference in how drawing objects are copied and pasted; This was an intentional change in NinjaTrader 8, to ensure that a pasted drawing object clearly stands out and doesn't 100% overlap the original. There is no option to disable this.

Before making any recommendations on how to improve the performance, however, I'd like to take a look at your log & trace files and the workspace in question. This would let me analyze, in detail, how it behaves and what we can do to improve it.

The easiest way to send us your log, trace, and workspace files would be through the platform directly.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to expand "Other files" before selecting 'Workspace files and UI settings' and 'Template files'. Please also keep the "Log & Trace files" selected.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN Manfred 3037148

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Manfred View Post
      Hello Javier,

Thank you very much for your post.

Regarding the NT7/8 difference in how drawing objects are copied and pasted; This was an intentional change in NinjaTrader 8, to ensure that a pasted drawing object clearly stands out and doesn't 100% overlap the original. There is no option to disable this.

Before making any recommendations on how to improve the performance, however, I'd like to take a look at your log & trace files and the workspace in question. This would let me analyze, in detail, how it behaves and what we can do to improve it.

The easiest way to send us your log, trace, and workspace files would be through the platform directly.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensure to expand "Other files" before selecting 'Workspace files and UI settings' and 'Template files'. Please also keep the "Log & Trace files" selected.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN Manfred 3037148

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!
      Good morning Manfred,

Thank you very much for your help.
      Yesterday I didn't send the mail because of an unforeseen event in my work day.

I confirm that I just sent it a few minutes after writing this post, with reference number 3037148.
      I have no urgency in replying. I just wanted to confirm my sending.

Good Thursday.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ghoul
      by ghoul

Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
      3 responses