IB TWS Incorrect position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB TWS Incorrect position

Hello, when a position is closed, nt8 typically fails to accurately reflect the position and still shows a fraction of the position open as though 1 or 2 of the stop loss orders from an ATM strategy had not been triggered. This happens every time. I am using the most recent nt8 version and the supported version of TWS. I have been in touch with support numerous times. Does anyone know how I can fix this? As it stands, I can’t use nt8 to manage my positions. Thanks.

I was able to locate your currently ongoing conversation with my colleague Spencer in ticket #3007066. He'll be responding shortly to continue the troubleshooting you've been working on so far. I am confident he'll be able to provide a solution. Thanks in advance for your patience as we work with you via email.

Also, please keep in mind that writing in or posting about the same issue multiple times across multiple formats does not reduce response time or accelerate a solution. In fact, this adds time to the solution as we may repeat steps already performed in a previous conversation since we may not be aware of that ongoing/previous conversation.

Comment

I'm having the same problem and then some. I'm also using an ATM Strategy to set trailing stops and tiered targets for a five-lot order of MNQ. The entries have been horrible. For a long entry, I might get two contracts filled at 13,500 and three contracts filled at 13,513.50. These are the entry prices that appear on the trade log of IB's TWS and they also match the prices and time shown on NT's Executions log. The price difference is almost always 54 ticks! This results in an average entry price that either exceeds all of my profit targets, or it falls somewhere in between. I've had two screen-sharing sessions with Jermaine at NT and he concluded it had to be an IB problem. I also had a long phone conversation with Bradley in IB's API Department. I've sent him my log file and I'm waiting for a response. I know nothing about software, but it seems to me the IB API is not reading NT's ATM orders properly. I hope we can get this resolved.

Comment

MRH22 I could not locate the ticket on our end you're referring to search for your forum account registered email ([email protected]). What's the ticket number for the conversation you're having with Jermaine? Ultimately it will be best for you to continue that conversation rather than starting over on the forums where we can gather less specific info (like your log/trace files).
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 04-15-2021, 11:46 AM.

Comment

The issue I am experiencing is most likely on the NT8 side, as it is t retrieving the updated positions from IB. Because it can’t mange that, I haven’t even tried an advanced ATM. if there is an IB API issue it won’t be solved quickly. They don’t move very fast.

is anyone trading with IB with no problems?

Comment

It is very useful to know if others are having the same issues and thus posting an issue publicly in addition to directly with NT is a good idea and not to be discouraged.

Comment

No arguments there tffmd123 , I was simply trying to locate more information about what you've already reported to us via email.

For further analysis by NinjaTrader, we would need to continue via that email route. This is how we would approach any user reporting any issue that isn't easily diagnosed without diagnostic files and in-depth analysis.

I believe I found your ticket (3045062 [email protected]). is that accurate? If not, could you tell me the ticket number from your conversation with Jermaine?

Comment

Hello PatrickG.
                My intent was not to start a new thread about this problem, but simply to let tffmd123 know that I'm having the same problem. As I wrote above, I believe the problem is with IB. Jermaine pretty much exhausted everything that might be causing the problems from NT's perspective. My hope is to contact everyone who is having the same problems so we can compare notes as we work through this situation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses
                1 view