Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to download market replay data

Good day,

I am trying to download market replay data for the es mini futures. I was able to do this a year ago without any problem.
    I follow the normal path way downloading es 06-21 symbol for april 7 2021 and the screen just hangs with all buttons grayed out with a message 'Loading data...ES 06-21 Globex'.

As said I was able to do this earlier and in download folder I do not see anything happening either after multiple attempts.

I am on version 8.0.21.1 64-bit and I have a life time license key. Anyone have a clue on what this could be?

Appreciated

Hello Diepy,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your inquiry and providing these details.

I was able to test on my end and download the market replay data for April 7th 2021 for the ES 06-21 instrument. Please note that the message indicating "Loading data...ES 06-21" is indicating the platform is in the process of downloading this data from the servers. This can take some time depending on your internet connection.

As a first step to resolve, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Select 'Download'
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Next, I would recommend the following steps as this can assist with general connectivity issues that could be contributing to this behavior:
    • First, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
      • Right-click on your Start button
      • Select 'Device Manager'
      • Expand 'Network Adapters'
      • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
      • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
      • Click 'OK' to save the changes
      • Do this for all Network Adapters
    • Clear your DNS
    • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
    • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
    When you finish this process, I would recommend testing and downloading the market replay data for this day once more.

Comment

Hello Brendan,

I followed your instructions and market reply downloads work again!

Appreciate your support and quick response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PaulMohn  
      Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
      9 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi