Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Transfer Chart Trader properties to other existing charts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Chart Trader properties to other existing charts.

I set properties in Chart Trader such as line color and width in Chart A. I click "preset" and "save". How do I transfer those settings to an existing Chart B? Shouldn't there be options like "save as" and "load as"?

'm guessing that those Chart A settings are stored somewhere in an "xml" file. Can I edit those settings for Chart B? I know workarounds like this are dangerous but I am so frustrated using the GUI to change the properties in 6 other chart windows.

Hello robertlaub,

Thanks for your post.

After selecting 'save', the preset settings are meant to automatically apply to new charts. Not existing charts.

As a quick workaround, you can right-click on a chart tab and duplicate the tab or duplicate to a new chart to quickly copy a chart. You can replace existing charts with your copied charts to duplicate settings.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ShawnB; 04-10-2021, 11:38 AM.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't find your solution very satisfying and almost as bad as simply editing the Chart Trader properties on the GUI.
      Please enter a feature request for a "save as" and "load as" feature. Those features are on your indicators and should have also been put on all Properties windows.

Comment

Hello robertlaub,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello robertlaub,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5233. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
          Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
          1 response
          0 likes