Order quantity glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order quantity glitch

I have this odd glitch happen where I leave my order quantity at 2 but when I enter a trade it changes to 1000 randomly.... I am using an ATM strategy (which also uses a quantity of two). I trade using either a limit entry or a market order to trigger the ATM strategy. I'm using a sim account but this is concerning and I had this happen occasionally on an old computer, I thought maybe it was just because of my old laggy machine... but now I am on a brand new PC and it happened to me twice today. Any idea what could be causing this? It makes me nervous about taking live trades and it destroys my trade performance progress, as I can't delete the 2000 orders from my stats and will have to start that over.

Hello augustfay,

Thank you very much for your post.

I am not aware of any issues that would cause the quantity to change, possible with the exception of a preset lot size for Forex instruments.

If you are trading a Forex instrument (e.g. EURUSD), the default lot size would be set via the Control Center > Accounts tab.

To change this, please right-click the Sim101 account, select "Edit Account" and change the "Forex lot size" listed therein.

If this is a Futures- or Stock-instrument this setting would not apply. In this case, I'd like to take a look at your log & trace files, as they should give us an indication of why this occurs.

The easiest way to send us these, if you're using NinjaTrader 8, is by clicking on Help > Email Support.

Please also add the following note to your email, this ensures it can quickly be associated with your post:

ATTN Manfred 3057543

I look forward to your email!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I had trouble sending them the first time around and the email window froze up while pending.... I had to restart NT, hope this doesn't impact anything. Was just able to send them. I am not trading forex btw, only futures. Thanks!

Comment

Hello @ninjatrader_man I had the same issue, i use rithmic with apex accounts. the order quantity went haywire and i lost 2 evals and 2 PAs. What can i do to make sure this never happens again?

Comment

Hello LuisEn001,

Thank you for the message.

If there is anyone experiencing this behavior, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
          • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
          • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
          • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
          • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
          • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
          • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
            • Send the email
          ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
          Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
          16 responses
          0 likes