Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do do trailing stop in Strategy Builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do do trailing stop in Strategy Builder?

I've got these target stops for a strategy in Strategy Builder however I'm wondering if there is a way to do a trailing stop so that instead of a profit goal I put a trailing market stop if we hit x# of ticks ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	strattrailingstop.png
Views:	1250
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1151625

Hi MatthewLesko,
    That is very well possible with the StrategyBuilder (SB). If you click on "Stops and Targets", you should be able to pick a "Trailing Stop".
    Watch-Out: With the SB out of the box, you can only choose either a Trailing Stop or a regular stop.
    However, you can still achieve both in parallel, if needed. Leave the "Stop and Targets" section as is, and in addition, create your own set of rules to create / adjust / watch a Trailing Stop price variable and close the trade if the price crosses this price level. Brandon recently made a video of how a Trailing Stop can be used to enter a trade. The same principle can be applied here (the other way round).
    I am searching for a way to ENTER a trade with a "trailing stop" order. The trailing stop in the ATM is only designed to EXIT a position, Instead of a trailing stop to EXIT a position, I want a way to manually initiate a 13 tick, trailing stop order to ENTER a position. For example, as prices are moving up, a Sell

NT-Roland

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kujista
    by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses