Chart stuck calculating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart stuck calculating

I'm having an issue where sometimes one of my charts never stops "Calculating" when switching to a new instrument. I'm using the limetime multibroker NT8 and basic CQG data, I only have each of my data series set to load 3-5 days usually. I have around 5 charts active at a time. This is a brand new custom PC built specifically for trading, running windows 10 pro. NT8 is pretty much the only real program I have installed. I never go above utilizing15% of any of the pc components: CPU/RAM/VRAM/GPU. I also just ran a repair on NinjaTrader because of this issue, using the latest installer from platform direct... (I did a fresh install a week and a half ago). In addition I reset my database, historical orders and executions. I also deleted my cache, day, minute and tick from the db folder inside the NT8 folder. All to reset and experience the same problem a day later. I only really look at the eminis and mostly the ES and NQ. Though I experienced this issue first when loading the 6E, but now I've noticed it happens with anything, including the NQ today on a 5 minute chart loading only a few days of data. It's been maybe 15 minutes now and the chart is still "calculating.' The only real solution is to ctrl + alt + delete the window since closing down NT from the main menu doesn't close the frozen chart. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S. This issue is also not limited to a single chart with a specific indicator, as I have three charts which run different indicators, another with no indicators at all. yet this has happened to two different charts. I just built all my workspaces and templates from scratch two weeks ago. I also thought I might add.... upon opening the NinjaScript utilization monitor it shows that the indicators taking up the most time are ones which aren't even on the charts that are freezing. Other than that it's just a few drawing objects at the top, like rectangle and text.
    Last edited by augustfay; 04-18-2021, 12:29 PM.

Hello augustfay,

Can you please send me your log and trace files so that I may investigate.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: Att Jason, 3062053

In addition, please answer the questions below in the email as well.

Do you notice any consistency between the charts that experience the issue?

What indicators do you have applied in the NQ 5 Minute chart of today?

Have you ever experienced the issue in a chart with no indicators?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason I have the same problem. A custom indicator gets stuck (Calculating...). It worked fine yesterday.
      I use the same indicator multiple times on a chart.
      Yesterday it took 2 minutes to load 5 instances of the indicator (with different parameters) on the chart.
      I suspect it worked because i tested individually each instances alone prior to loading the 5 instances on the same chart (some sort of caching was making it work maybe).
      Today when I load only one instance it takes 2 minutes to load it.
      But when I try to load yesterday's template with the 5 instances it's still calculating after 20 minutes after launching Ninjatrader, or if I got the single instance loaded prior it only loads it within 2 minutes with the template, the remaining 4 instances don't load 20 minutes on.

Now after 25 minutes it finally loaded all the instances.
      How can i make sure it loads faster (it shouldn't take 25 minutes each day to load the indicator) and without having to load the single instance first?
      I need it to load the template upon launch and within a reasonable laps (2 to 5minutes max)?

How can i fix it? Thanks!
      Last edited by PaulMohn; 04-01-2022, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Hello,
        If the indicator is using tick data it may just simply take that long for the computer to process/calculate the data if many days are being loaded to the chart. If it only occurs with this indicator, I would recommend reaching out to the developer of the indicator for any settings/configuration that can improve the load/calculating times of the indicator.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by dpolyakov, 03-29-2024, 11:30 AM
        4 responses
        2 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_RyanS  
        Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes