Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contracts on FDAX and FESX

Hi,
    there are new contracts release on FDAX and FESX as of today. They have the contract size of 1.
    I understand how to use the FDAX-5 future (FDXM). The way I have to use it can only be seen as a workaround. When are you planing to have prober contracts in NT? That would be nice for e.g. arbitrage....
    When are you adjusting the FESX future? Currently it is not possible to trade the FESX (old one) via NT which is quite annoying.
    Thanks,
    Klaus

Hello Klaus,

Thanks for your post.

I am able to open an FESX 06-21 chart without issue. Could you confirm who your broker/data provider is and that you have EUREX enabled to trade with your account?

Please also attach a screenshot showing the affected chart.

Attaching a Screenshot

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Attached Files
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim,
      thanks for your reply.
      I am using the latest NT and IB Gateway and there is no price coming in.
      Thanks,
      Klaus

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-19 162112.png
Views:	463
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	1152224
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Klaus,

Please first test using TWS 978.2c as this is the version we recommend to use with NinjaTrader.

Could you confirm if you are enabled for EUREX for non-delayed data with your Interactive Brokers account?

Could you also confirm the symbol mapping that you are using to view the symbol in TWS?

Do you have any errors in the log tab of the Control Center? If so please copy them here. You may select the error, and use Ctrl + C to copy the error message.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Hi Jim,
          it is not a matter of IBG or TWS. It is a matter of finding the right symbol mapping for your IB Adapter. There was a new micro contract introduced for the FESX future and NT needs to implement that. You created an empty contract for the 1 EUR contract (FSXE) but you forgot to adapt the existing contract. I tried the same logic as your "implementation" for the FDAX but that does not work.
          The error message is attached. And, yes I receive real-time EUREX market data.
          Thanks,
          Klaus
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim,
            thanks for updating the FESX. Prices are coming in again.

Are you planing to change the IB Adapter so that it is possible to trade the 3 FDAX contracts at the same time?

Thanks,
            Klaus

Comment

Hello Klaus,

This is currently not possible because the symbol mapping is the same. The symbol mapping will needed to be edited to switch between which you want to trade and the different DAX symbols cannot be traded at the same time with Interactive Brokers through NinjaTrader.

We are tracking interest in a way to get around this with the enhancement request ticket SFT-2074. This is an internal number, but for anyone else wishing to have their interest tracked, please let our support staff know that you would like a vote added for this request.

Feature/Enhancement Request Disclaimer

We receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number will be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes -
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Comment

Hi Jim,
                thanks for the information. I will add a separate thread for this ticket so it can be easier found.
                Klaus

Comment

Hi,
                  I had to update the instrument settings and the FESX is again not able to trade. It was changed back to the old symbol which is not able to trade. I had to update the instrument definition myself.

Comment

Hello Klaus,

Thanks for the report.

I checked with Product Management to make sure the instrument definition changes were properly updated on the Information Server, and I can verify that the Interactive Brokers mappings with the multipliers included are now loaded when resetting instrument definitions or restarting the platform.

Let us know if the issue comes back.

Comment

Hi Jim,
                      thanks for your effort. The symbol mapping for FESX stays the same now.
                      Klaus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes