Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer runs only on strategies built with strategy builder ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer runs only on strategies built with strategy builder ?

Hi,
    Will the strategy analyzer run only on strategy builder built strategies. Is it supposed to run on ninjascript strategies that I code myself ? Does not seem to work for me.

Thanks.

Hello gchan,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the strategy analyzer will run on all strategies, however, strategies with run-time errors will not run on the strategy analyzer. A run time error is an error that is outside the scope of the compiler so even though a strategy may compile fine when it is applied to dynamic conditions error can occur. An example of this would be calculating a bars ago that does not exist.

When you apply your strategy to the strategy analyzer and do not see results, please check the NinjaTrader Control Center's 'Log" tab for any related error messages. Any run-time errors would need to be corrected.

One other possibility would be that there is no data for the analysis period, a quick way to test/verify this is to run the strategy SampleMACrossover which is an always-in-type strategy so if there is data available you should see results.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,
      The problem seems somehow related to my self generated script. I can run my script using live (SIM) or historical data and have no problems but the strategy analyzer gives no results. It returns almost immediately after I hit the RUN button. There are no errors in the log. The SampleMACrossover works fine in the strategy analyzer, so does nother simple strategy I created with the Strategy Builder.
      Aything else to look at ?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello gchan,

Thanks for your reply.

Okay, so no errors in the log tab and SampleMACrossover works on the same data set in the Strategy Analyzer. The Historical data on the sim chart would be the exact same data as the strategy analyzer.

At this point, the only option would be to debug your strategy builder strategy by using print statements to print out information to help understand what values are being used that are your entry conditions. Here is a short video that should get you started: https://paul-ninjatrader.tinytake.co...NV8xMDk5MDc5Nw

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM