Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

Today i opened platform and message new version (update) sorry i did it. The short cuts removed then i clicked on the ninja 64 bit version on pc and nothing did not open . next i clicked on the other icon and it said this is the 32 bit version may not run right on my pc but that opened .
    no success trying to open original i did a system restore / now i was able to open that 64 bit but workspace gone i can see it in my files under documents but machine won't open .

I'm lost and do not want to do more damage if anyone has had issues also or a fix please let me know rebuilding my space will be a big deal unfortunately

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)

Can you tell me the exact steps you took when you updated NinjaTrader?

What does 'system restore' mean exactly? Did you restore NinjaTrader from a NinjaTrader backup file? Or are you referring to a Windows restore of some kind?

Comment

Patrick my version was / is 8.0.22.2 64-bit i got window telling me new version, so i copied my licence key and proceeded to the NJ page entered my key and began download of new version /update. it removed old icon from tray but icons on desktop were still there. I double clicked on the 64 bit version did not open, then i clicked on the other icon which is 32 bit and it opened .

I closed and tried the 64 bit with no success not sure what happened i choose to try and restore windows system back to earlier version just before update.
      same problem, but i can open the 64 bit now but my workspace is not there i can see the work space in documents folder under NJ8 that i closed and saved yesterday

If i could bring that into the platform might fix my issue

i am in the 8.0.22.2 64 bit now so the restore point took update away

Comment

Let's first see if an update to the latest version is functional before proceeding to hopefully restore your workspace. Follow these steps precisely:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        Are you able to open NinjaTrader from the 64-bit shortcut after these steps? If so, can you confirm your version is now 8.0.24.2 in the Control Center > Help About window? If not, is there any error on your screen? If so, what does it report?

I am not certain exactly what a Windows restore point would do to NinjaTrader's files, but it sounds like it may have restored 'blank' workspaces. Do you create backups of NinjaTrader regularly? For reference, here is some documentation on that process:

Comment

Ok i followed your instruction the update is now 8.0.24.2 the workspace is not in the drop down, but the file or script does exist in documents . only space that opens is a template type from a indicator scrip as those are the only things that reside in the workspace drop down....

Comment

I would expect workspace files located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder to appear in the Workspaces drop down list in NinjaTrader. Where exactly is the workspace file you're referring to located?

Also, do you create backups of NinjaTrader regularly? For reference, here is some documentation on that process:

Comment

The workspace file is located exactly where you said in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder and no i did not create a backup for a long time last summer.

I have made that mistake before unfortunate I won't in future .. is there a way to drop the old workspace into the workspace folder? on platform?

Comment

To clarify, you'd like to grab the workspace file from the backup file? If not, could you clarify exactly what workspace file you're wanting to 'drop in'?

Comment

if the workspace script is in the workspace folder which i 'closed" and saved yesterday, is it possible to bring that file into the platform? and open it to get back up and running or do i have to rebuild it from scratch .

jim

Comment

If the workspace file is in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > workspaces folder, it should be appearing in the Workspace drop-down list in the platform. If a file is in that folder but not showing up in the Workspace list, then it is either not a workspace file or is a corrupted workspace file (or the file was moved to that location but the platform hasn't been restarted).

It seems like a rebuild of the workspace may, unfortunately, be necessary, however, there may be one other option - try restoring your workspace from an older save using the 'Restore workspace' feature:

Complete the following steps to use the "Restore workspace" feature:
                    1. Navigate to Tools -> Database Management
                    2. Select "Restore workspace"
                    3. Select Restore to be directed to the location of the recovery workspaces
                    4. Workspaces will be organized in folders with the same name as the workspace
                    5. Double click the folder of the workspace you want to recover and then select the recovery file with the date/time that you want to recover. You'll want to select a file larger than 1kb from the available options.
                    Below I have provided a link to the Restore Workspaces section of our help guide:

Comment

YES! patrick that worked thank you now i can backup the platform opened up a old space and all looks good

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                      117 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post jculp
                      by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes