Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay function - start up problems

Hi!

I'm experiencing a lot of trouble with the replay function, when its up and runnings its great, but 9 out of 10 times its always a hassle to get it running, especially with older contracts / dates. Sometimes I won't even get the correct date loaded into the chart, sometimes I get the right date but the simulation wont run. Usually I have to re-start NT 3-4 times before I finally get it running. I'm sure I'm using the correct contract (since it in the end finally works), and I know at least 2 people more who are experiencing the same issues as me, so I don't thinks its anything related to my particular setup.

Are you familiar with this issue? Are there any fixes to it? Or can you start the replay in any particular order to make it smoother? Like, maybe you need to first re-start NT to have an empty cache, then choose the correct contract, then choose what day you wanna load (just as an example..).

Thanks in advance for your support!

BR,
    Tobias

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. When I download a date of Playback data, connect to the Playback connection and begin the play the data back, my chart builds without issue.

Are you using the same workspace for Playback that you are using for live trading? We generally recommend creating and using a separate workspace that is specifically for use with Playback.

I'd like you to test for this behavior on a new chart in a new workspace. Please close your current workspace by going to Control Center > Workspaces, hover your mouse over the name of any workspace that has a green or grey box to the name and selected 'close'. After closing any of your existing workspaces, please go to Control Center > New > chart and open a new chart with no indicators or templates applied. After creating your new workspace, connect to Playback and let us know if you continue to experience the behavior that you are describing.

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback. I am using the same workspace as for my live trading, so I was really excited to try this, but unfortunately no difference for me, still experiencing the same issues even with a new clean workspace... I asked a friend who have the same issues as me, it didn't do any difference for him either..

Btw - when you tried to reproduce the issue, were you able to try with an older date using one of the older contracts? It seems like this is the thing causing the issues... loading days within the current contract are no problems at all.

Any more ideas..?

BR,
      Tobias
      Last edited by Mrebbot; 04-22-2021, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Hello Tobias,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to test using an exact set of dates and instruments that you've experienced this with before in the past. What date and instrument have you experienced this issue with in the past?

Additionally, are you on the most recent version of NinjaTrader? Let me know your full version number from Control Center > Help > License Key, (NinjaTrader 8.X.XX.X or NinjaTrader 7.X.XXXX.XX)

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi Zachary,

I recently downloaded the latest update (8.0.24.2, NT 8).

I'm having this issue with about all days from previous contracts, mainly I'm doing replay on the ES from 2019. For instance this morning it was 10th of June 2019 (2019.06.10), contract ES 09-19.

BR,
          Tobias

Comment

Hello Tobias,

Where did you acquire this replay data? We do not have replay data available on our server from that far back (we only keep the past 90 days on our server at any time) so I would not be able to test with this date unfortunately.

Do you experience this issue with replay data from our server? Please use the built-in Market Replay download tool to download 01/29/2021 for ES 03-21 and let me know if you experience the same. (if you use any third party tools to download replay data, please disable them first or open the platform in Safe Mode)

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi again Zachary,

I got the data from a friend and just copied it directly into the folder structure of NT, not sure of its origin from the beginning.

Actually there were no problems at all with the 29th of January, I had the friend to test it too, no issues. So that might be the answer then..

Are there any other way or workaround to have this older data work smoother?

Comment

Hello Mrebbot,

Since the data from our server seems to work correctly and since you & your friend are both experiencing this issue with the older data, it would seem that this issue is actually with the data files themselves. The only resolution would be to replace the files or to use a different set of dates. Since these specific dates are not available from our server, you'd have to acquire them from a third party source (if you search 'market replay Ninjatrader' on an online search engine, you should find several third party options). Otherwise, you could download more recent dates directly from our server since we know that you do not experience the issue with replay data that is acquired from our server.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Comment

Noted. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM