Chart Trader size increment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader size increment

Chart Trader order quantity configuration does not permit a negative size increment. Might be nice if one could use the mouse clicks to reduce size as well as increase.

Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for your post.

Within the platform, you are not able to place an order for a negative amount of contracts. You may, however, scale in and out of a position. For example, if you buy 2 contracts you would then be in a position that is 2 long. If you want to subtract one of those contracts, you would set your quantity to 1 and sell 1 contract to scale out and then your position would be set to 1 long.

We have a video on our youtube channel with some additional information regarding scaling in and out of a position here:

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. Actually I have been using the platform for a few years and have a pretty good handle on how it works. Scaling in and out is my common practice with stocks, not so much futures. But suppose I have the quantity set to 5 contracts in Chart Trader and wish to quickly change that to 4, or to 3, or 2. The ability to configure a minus one increment would be nice in that situation. But no big deal in any case.

Comment

Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for the clarification.

In the chart trader, there are little arrows to the side of the quantity selector where you can click up or down to increase or decrease the quantity. Additionally, if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse or if you are able to scroll with a trackpad on a laptop (usually by scrolling with two fingers) if you click inside of the quantity box then scroll up and down, this should also adjust the quantity both up or down. I have created a video example here:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, the up/down arrows are OK if we are talking about a few futures contracts, but not so useful if we want to go from 1000 shares to 800 shares of a stock. Again, it's not a big deal. Just a thought that I had. I like NT8 a lot just the way it is.

Comment

NinjaTrader should have an option to enter negative values in increment config screen and also define a default value so that scroll button on mouse can be used for 10s or 100s. This platform is used by stock traders as well and we need these features please.

Comment

Hello rmez01,

Thank you for the message.

It is already possible to use the scroll wheel + Ctrl to make the quantity scroll by 10 instead of just 1.
              • Click into the Order Quantity selector > Hold Ctrlon the keyboard > Scroll the wheel up and down and the value will change in increments of 10.
              If you want to change the value by 100's at a time, you would need to click into the box and manually enter the desired value manually.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post JonesJoker  
              Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes