Live trading look back period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live trading look back period

When i create a chart and put the trading system on it i get different trades depending on the look back period.

I have tried this with 30 and 60 day charts.

Different trades means different results, and they are significantly different.

Why is this and what is the best way to handle this?

Thanks for your help!

Captain Jack

Hello Captain Jack,

Thank you for your post.

Before we can assist, we need to get a little bit more context. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Is this strategy something that you designed yourself or did you receive this strategy from a third party?
    • How are you controlling the 'Look back period'? Is it a property that exists within the strategy's parameters or are you referring to the 'Look back period' setting in the Strategy Builder wizard when you are creating a strategy?
    If you feel that a screenshot would be helpful, feel free to provide one. To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to further assisting you with this item.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version I am using is: 8.0.23.2 64-bit

When I build the chart before I add the strategy, it asks days to load?

I have tried this with 30 days and 60 days.

The trades for the last 30 days (overlapping) are at different price levels.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hello Captain Jack,

Thank you for your reply.

When I test with one of the sample strategies, I do not experience the same behavior and have identical fills up until the 30 day chart ends. Are there any differences in the settings for the strategy that is on the 30 day chart vs strategy that is applied to the 60 day chart? Do the 30 day and 60 day charts have any other difference aside from the 'Days to Load' property, such as the interval type of the bars?

Is this a strategy that you created or was this strategy designed by a third party?

Additionally, on an unrelated note, I see that you're using an older version of NinjaTrader 8. To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below:
        • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
        I look forward to your reply.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
        1 response