Saving of strategies and settings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving of strategies and settings...

Saving of strategies and settings... I don't know if it's something I have just missed or if it is possible in any way, but, is there a way to save all your current strategies and their settings as shown in the strategies tab... They have a nasty habit of disappearing at market close, and redoing them all takes forever...

Any suggestions? Even if it's a back end coding fix or file that could be amended? I'm now setting up 40+ strategies... Again...

Hello PaulJC,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is not something that I would expect to happen. Strategies are saved to the database file and within your workspace. Aside from a couple of specific scenarios, I would expect that the strategies would remain intact after being added so long as you are saving your workspace after adding the strategies. If the strategy is added directly from the 'Strategies' tab, the strategy will remain in the 'Strategies' tab until it is manually removed by the user or if the database is reset or otherwise removed. If a strategy is added from a chart, it is reliant on that specific chart to remain listed within the 'Strategies' tab. If you close that specific chart window, the strategy that was added from that chart will be removed as well.

Are you making sure to save your workspace after adding your strategies?

Are you adding your strategies from the 'Strategies' tab or from charts?

If you add them from charts, do you close those chart windows when you are done trading for the day?

If you add them from the 'Strategies' tab, do you any database management operations for the database from Tools > Database Management > Reset DB?

Do these strategies execute trades to your live account or to a simulation account? If applied to a simulation account, do you frequently reset this simulation account?

Are these strategies something that you created or were they designed by a third party?

Do you experience this issue if you add one of the strategy samples that is included with the platform (such as the Sample MA Crossover)? (Be sure to do this on the Sim101 account to avoid accidentally placing live trades while testing)

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's not something that happens often, just every once in awhile, but often enough to be an annoyance...

Strategies added directly via strategies tab, workspace always saved, no database management...

But I think you have hit the nail on the head with the Sim accounts! Some run on live account, lots run on various sim accounts so I can easily pull data from them later before deciding if they go live... So yes I reset the sim accounts, which i'm guessing clears them out...?

I shall change my workflow to move them all to one account before resetting the others, then move them back, still not ideal, but better than having to set them up again...

Comment

Hello PaulJC,

Thank you for your reply.

You are partially correct. Resetting the simulation account will clear any strategies that have that simulation account selected, but only if the 'Clear history' option is selected. If you deselect the 'Clear history' option when resetting your simulation accounts, the strategy will remain. If you don't need to completely clear the historical executions when you are resetting your simulation accounts, you could deselect that option and avoid having to shuffle the strategies between different accounts to keep them in place.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes