Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 Charts load faster on replay

Hi,
    I have 16 charts saved into a workspace but when I am connected to iQFeed it usually takes about 10 minutes for everything to load.
    When I am connected to replay this takes like 2 minutes.. Can you please let me know why and how I can improve loading speeds?

Hello PWillard,

Thank you for post.

The biggest factor would be the number of days to load in your chart windows along with the amount of indicators applied.

Note that when loading Market Replay data this is all loaded locally which is faster than needing to download historical data from a historical data server over a network.

Below I have included a link on Performance Tips for NinjaTrader 8 for your reference:
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am also wondering is there a way to download data faster. Everytime I start NT, it takes a long time to load the chart. I only have one 2000 tick chart with a 21 EMA on it. No other charts or market analyzer window open in this workspace. Also, lets say I want to add another indicator, it then takes the same amount of time to load the data again. I have also looked at your Performance Tips above and they are pretty simple and I am already doing most of them. Am only loading 2 days of tick data. There has got to be a way to load a chart from data that is stored on my hard drive instead of the data provider every time I make a change to the chart. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello Artemis,

Thank you for your post.

If you have an anti-virus/firewall program installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exception list as this may potentially slow down NinjaTrader

You will need to exclude the following directories:
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 or C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8
        • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8
        Additionally, if you have a backup or auto backup program (Microsoft OneDrive) you will want to pause it while using NinjaTrader so it does not conflict with saving your NinjaTrader files as this could potentially slow down NinjaTrader.

Lastly, please note that your computers hardware may also limit the speed at which NinjaTrader may function such as using a traditional disk hard drive versus a solid state drive.

A solid state hard drive will allow files to be loaded much faster than a traditional hard drive and also running other programs along side NinjaTrader can cause slower performance as your computer will need to split hardware resources among all open applications.

I have provided the system requirements for NinjaTrader for reference:

Comment

Thanks for the advice. However, with all due respect. It is not my machine. I use a hard wired fiber connection to the internet which is blazingly fast. I just built this system several months ago. I usually build a new computer every few years. My specs are as follow: ASUS ROG Crosshair VII hero motherboard, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB ram, AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU, 2 Sabrent Rocket NVMe drives. One for the operating system and programs and the other for storage.

I keep my system very clean. I run weekly cleanups of all temp files and %temp% files. Clear browser cache and dump prefetch files. I also sync my computer clock with nist.gov every week. Do not have auto backup and Windows one drive has been disabled from the day I installed windows.

I run ThinkorSwim on this machine also and I have absolutely no problem running multiple tick charts that load in a few seconds on startup. Very frustrating that when using tick charts on NT they take minutes to load. Change a parameter on an indicator or the data series and again, takes minutes to load. Something is not right. I stopped using NT a number of years back because of this and now several years later the same issue. When I load a minute chart or any other time frame it loads almost instantly. Tick charts are the problem and perhaps there is someone in your support department that might have knowledge of this issue. Would you please ask around. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Artemis,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:3068661 ATTN Spencer F.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
            0 responses