MACD behind the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACD behind the difference?

I don't know the MACD is behind the difference. I don't want it this way, how do I fix it? Thank you

Hello and thank you for your post.

What you'll need to do is change the Z-Order of the price bars to show in front of the indicators.

To do this, first select the bars with a single left-mouse click.

Then hold your Shift key and use the middle-scroll wheel of your mouse towards yourself to pull the data in front of the indicators. Rolling away from yourself will send the data backwards.

Please see the below section of our help guide for more on this, "How to Change the Z-Order of a Chart Object."

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...OfAChartObject

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Skyfly1715,
      I believe you're concerned about macd histogram & want it to be behind the macd line & signal line, is that correct?
      If yes, solution given by Eric may not work as it will allow you pick an indicator & not individual plots of indicator.
      So you have 2 ways to solve this :-
      1. Add 2 copies of MACD indicator in same panel, in 1st retain histogram only; in 2nd retain macd & signal line. You can change color to transparent of what you don't need, attaching screenshot for reference.
      2. Make another copy of MACD indicator & change the plot sequence, so you have your custom macd indicator as you need.
      Hope it helps!

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
        Hello Skyfly1715,
        I believe you're concerned about macd histogram & want it to be behind the macd line & signal line, is that correct?
        If yes, solution given by Eric may not work as it will allow you pick an indicator & not individual plots of indicator.
        1. Add 2 copies of MACD indicator in same panel, in 1st retain histogram only; in 2nd retain macd & signal line. You can change color to transparent of what you don't need, attaching screenshot for reference.
        2. Make another copy of MACD indicator & change the plot sequence, so you have your custom macd indicator as you need.
        Hope it helps!
        Yes you are correct the suggestion did not work from Eric B. By the way thank you Eric for responding. Thank you for your fix. I'd really like to fix it correctly without having to do this though. But thanks again for the suggestion, it's appreciated! : )

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
          Hello and thank you for your post.

What you'll need to do is change the Z-Order of the price bars to show in front of the indicators.

To do this, first select the bars with a single left-mouse click.

Then hold your Shift key and use the middle-scroll wheel of your mouse towards yourself to pull the data in front of the indicators. Rolling away from yourself will send the data backwards.

Please see the below section of our help guide for more on this, "How to Change the Z-Order of a Chart Object."

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...OfAChartObject

Let me know if I may assist further.
          Hi Eric. What you suggested did not work. I'm aware of how to do what you suggested. I do it with the MA's all the time. But when I tried clicking on the histogram and holding the shift key down, then rolling my mouse nothing happened. It just remained where it was. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
            Hello Skyfly1715,
            Hope it helps!
            Yah ok, I got it now, thanks for the help.

Comment

Skyfly, the attached script plots all in the order you want.

MACD Custom Directional Color.zip

Comment

Oh wow, thank you! I appreciate that so much! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
                  Skyfly, the attached script plots all in the order you want.

[ATTACH]n1153275[/ATTACH]
                  Very useful indicator, I have been looking for it and could not find it in ninjatrader. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Tim-c
                  by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes