• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unirenko charts

Hello,

I have two different unirenko charts
    left ( T100R10O10 ) right (T3000R10O20)
    the chart in the left is not shown upto the "Last" value as complete chart as in the right chart . What could be the reason?

Many thanks
    regards

Click image for larger version

Name:	unirenko.PNG
Views:	678
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	1153162

Is this Real-Time data or Market Replay data?

If Real-Time, who are you connected to for Real-Time data?

How often does this happen?

Comment

hansh1,

If you click on properties on the chart it looks like you might have a non-zero value or so specified in the "right side margin" field?

I know nothing about trading crypto's and see a symbol that looks like a crypto symbol?

Are there any references that you or Ninja Trader support can provide to give some background on trading crypto's?

I know about the BTC futures contract but are there any other instruments available to trade such as the symbol in your charts which I noticed as being unusual.

Hope the right side margin issue fixes your problem.

thanks
      glen

Comment

Hi,
        it is realtime and I'm connected to BITFINEX, but the addon is not in the list of ninjatraderecosystem.com, but however , it is a ETH future symbol and I have this issue only in unirenko charts and not in minute charts. Maybe it is a problem of "unirenko" charting/definition/understanding?
        The right side margin is not the problem , if I scroll to the left or change the value nothing changes.
        Thx
        regards

Comment

hangs1,

Sorry what do you mean by "addon" it sounds like you are referring to the symbol that trades on BITFINEX?

What renko settings are you using I can't really see Trend Offset and Reversal?

I can almost guarantee that there is nothing wrong with Unirenko charting, along with other chart types I've used them for years and know many others who have not had a problem.

Normally Trend is the smallest value say 2 for the ES, offset 5 and Reversal 10.. What are your Renko settings I can't really make it out.

You have a lot going on in that chart I would start by just opening the chart with no indicators loaded.

Start with a normal time chart and if all looks well, change to your renko settings, is it displaying ok?

If so add the indicators one at a time and you should be able to identify the indicator if there is one causing the problem?

Hope it helps.

BTW, I and maybe others on the forum are interested in trading the crypto's can you provide any information about how to go about doing that or providing any useful links?

glen

Comment

Hello hansg1,

The issue is that no bars are being rendered on the chart, is this correct?

Are the colors for the bars set to transparent?
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Glen,

Sorry what do you mean by "addon" it sounds like you are referring to the symbol that trades on BITFINEX?

That is a addon to get their data stream. The addon is to get here for different exchanges , but as I said this is not supported by ninja, it is not to get on ninjatraderecosystem.com
              you can find it on http://ninjatools.studio/ or you get bitmex, they also provide an interface I think without tick data . Maybe the tick data are the problem, for me there is a lot of change in ask/bid but not so many trades. Maybe it is a problem of the instrument. I'm not shure and have not so much experience.

What renko settings are you using I can't really see Trend Offset and Reversal?
              (Trend 100 Reversal 10 Offset 10 )

I can almost guarantee that there is nothing wrong with Unirenko charting, along with other chart types I've used them for years and know many others who have not had a problem.

Normally Trend is the smallest value say 2 for the ES, offset 5 and Reversal 10.. What are your Renko settings I can't really make it out.

You have a lot going on in that chart I would start by just opening the chart with no indicators loaded.

I changed the same chart window to 1 min and everything is fine, the difference is also changing over time, no systematically context visible.

Start with a normal time chart and if all looks well, change to your renko settings, is it displaying ok?

If so add the indicators one at a time and you should be able to identify the indicator if there is one causing the problem?

The problem is also without indicators
              Hope it helps.

BTW, I and maybe others on the forum are interested in trading the crypto's can you provide any information about how to go about doing that or providing any useful links?

glen

Thx regards

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

yes the last bars seems not to be rendered, but the difference beetween "rendered" and "last-value" is different over time.

if I change the chart to 1 min everything is fine, so I think it is not a problem of prolerties? Where to change the properties?

Thx
                regards

Comment

Hello hansg1,

I've imported the UniRenko bar type found from the link below, however, I'm not finding where to connect to this data source.
                  (Update March 11th, 2020 – Fix for TickReplay, calculates values if bar object is mid-session and have not been calculated as least once) This is a conversion of the UniRenko ‐ Universal Renko BarType developed and originally coded for the NinjaTrader 7 platform by monpere. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. […]

Further, as there is no official adapter, I don't have any set expectations for the historical data.

Below is a link to the help guide with the historical data available by provider type.
                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Minute charts use historical Minute data. Unirenko, renko, range, line break, any custom bar type, will all be using historical Tick Data.
                  Possibly the connection offers minute data and not tick data.

In the list of providers in the help guide linked above, can you reproduce this with a provider that provides historical tick data?
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 04-26-2021, 02:19 PM.
                  Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                  Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes