Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart price not moving

Hello

I am currently in the open Forex market with Kinetick connected and price is not moving. It is Sunday 4:22pm PST and other platforms are moving, Why is NT not moving?

I have the lifetime license of NT8 and IBKR as my broker. when connected to either, price is not moving on NT charts. I have reloaded, rebooted checked connections, all should be working. This same setup was working fine on Friday before market close, now its not.

After 1.5hrs the pricing has started to move. Is there a delay on NT ?

Comment

Same thing happens here. Im using NT8.0.23.2 FXCM

Friday was totally fine. But this morning is extremely laggy.

If you try refresh data will just display as 1 candlestick!!!

Comment

Hello Brian5050,

I'm not sure why you did not receive realtime data with Kinetick or Interactive Brokers. There is no delay in NinjaTrader. What NinjaTrader version do you have installed? You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

If you select a forex instrument in a NinjaTrader T&S window, do you receive realtime data for the current time?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 04-27-2021, 12:17 AM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Josh2018,

You have a previous version installed (8.0.23.2). Can you please download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version (8.0.24.2) and check if the issue persists.
          • First, please make a copy of the license key entered at Control Center-->Help-->License Key as you need it to download NinjaTrader.
          • Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down.
          • Download and install the latest NinjaTrader 8 version from the link below.
            https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies can be important. If set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

Could it be you have workspaces opened in the background? Please go to Control Center-->Workspaces. If you see a green icon in front of the workspace, it indicates the workspace is opened and displayed on your monitor. If you see a grey icon, the workspace is opened in the background. Meaning you don't see its windows, but it will use CPU and RAM. You can only have 1 workspace display on your monitor at a time. Please close the workspaces running in the background and check if the lagging behavior persists.

More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason

I just installed a week ago, but reinstalled it again now just for farts and giggles. 8.0.24.2 64-bit. I'll let you know if it happens again. Everything has been fine after that 1.5hr delay or whatever that was.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post sarafuenonly123  
            Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Brevo