Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts not triggering after NT8 restart

Good morning from Germany,

I have the newest version 8.0.24.2 64-bit and lifetime license.

I have setup a very basic alert based on STO crossing up (80) and down (20).

Here is what I did:
    1. Market Analyzer > added column Stochastic, configured two conditions over 80 and under 20 for 900 ticks STO - those cross overs show up in the Analyzer as red and green as I programmed them
    2. Added alert > left click in Analyzer window > added alert for specified conditions

Please see attached screenshots for details.

The issue is that the alerts are triggered and registered in the log until I close NT8 and reopen and reconnect - they will not triggered then. I have to then go to Alerts and delete conditions and reenter them, apply and everything works again. What I am doing wrong?

Thank you

Hello CS-2021,

Could it be the workspace is not saved when you close NinjaTrader 8? I created a Market Analyzer with the alerts and cell conditions. Then I closed NinjaTrader and click Yes to save my workspace. I start NinjaTrader and the alerts and cell conditions are still present when I check the Market Analyzer.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I always save the desktop, the alerts and everything are present after re-open but no alerts are trigerred. I have to only re-enter conditions, and then alerts are triggered again as they should. I do not have to re-create the whole setup. This is my issue

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Workspaces and click new in the lower right corner. Name the workspace as you like and click OK. Create a new Market Analyzer with the alerts and cell conditions and check if they function. Exit NinjaTrader and click Yes to save the workspace. Start NinjaTrader, right click in the Market Analyzer and select Alerts. Do you still have the 2 alerts and their conditions present?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you - I did what you asked me to do and also I added - rearm when conditions reverse and it seems to be working on my new desktop and the existing desktop as well. Thank you

Comment

Hello Jason - few days later and everything seems to be working still ok... Thank you again.

One more question in regards to alerts. It is quite clear to me hat the alerts are triggered when indicator hits a specific value. Is it possible to setup alerts so they are triggered on the slope of for example SMA or MACD? What I mean is that alert is triggered when indicator changes from down slope to up slope and vice versa.

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            168 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80  
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes