Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The requested instrument BTC is disabled. Please contact platformsupport"

Hi

I have this message when connecting to Interactive Brokers. It says to contact you guys for instructions to enable it again.

the instrument is for BTC futures on CME exchange

Can you tell me how to enable it ?

Thank you.

Hello,

I have no idea what your particular problem is about but the Micro Bitcoin instrument is coming out tomorrow so maybe it has to do with that.
    Unsuitable
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Ocean Trading Indicators

Comment

The particular problem is :

if you look under instruments -> BTC -> edit instrument -> symbol map -> Interactive Brokers : BRR|CMECRYPTO-disabled|||5, so Ninjatrader team has clearly tagged it as disabled thus the message you get in the logs panel when you connect to a live interactive brokers account with a chart of BTC futures opened.

also thanks for the reminder of the micro bitcoin futures debut. It would make sense if they wanted to reuse the BTC symbol in NT8 for the micro contract. Do you know what the symbol for the micro bitcoin futures contract is going to be in NT8 ?

Comment

Hello qewcool,

It's MBT

Find information for Micro Bitcoin Overview provided by CME Group. View Overview

Unsuitable

Comment

ok MBT exist as an instrument in NT8 and is not disabled like BTC is ... so they are not planning to reuse the BTC symbol for that so why disable it ?

do you see your BTC instrument in NT8 as disabled as well like I described in post #2 ?

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Nope BTC is enabled on my end. I'd wait for an actual NT staff member to respond. It also may be your broker. My feed is from Rithmic at the moment.
            Unsuitable

Comment

thanks for checking

yes the disabled status that i described in post #2 was specifically set on the symbol map for Interactive Brokers.

Coincidentally I cannot get any other data for other instruments when connecting to IB TWS with NT8 either so something has changed somewhere that I dont know.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

There is currently a known limitation with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader that only the MBT or BTC instrument may be used at one time and not both at the same time. By default, the BTC will be disabled. If you would like to use this instead of the MBT, please use these steps.

From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instruments.
                • Search for BTC.
                • Once found, click BTC and select "edit".
                • Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and delete the "-disabled" part of this Parameter.
                • Click "OK" to save your changes.

Once this is done, please disable the MBT instrument.
                • From the Control Center, navigate to Tools -> Instruments. Search for MBT.
                • Once found, click MBT and select "edit".
                • Scroll down to the Symbol Mapping for Interactive Brokers and add in the "-disabled" just after the instrument name. This will look almost exactly like the FDXM instrument did before.
                • Click "OK" to save your changes.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you for the instructions

This fixes all my problems with data loading issues with IB TWS as well. I posted those problems in this thread : https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ve-brokers-tws

Seems like having a disabled instrument (here BTC) + open charts of that disabled instrument + connecting to TWS live data = NT8 having a fit and freezing on the loading data phase of connecting with TWS and just waiting there forever.

I had some BTC charts open and once I reenabled the BTC instrument for IB, everything went back to normal like it was before.

you should forward it to the dev team if the bug is not already known.

Comment

also are you working on a more permanent fix in the future in order to view both instruments (BTC and MBT) at the same time on NT8 with an IB TWS connection ? if yes when can we expect it ?

Comment

still a problem :

I rollover my chart to BTC 05-21 contract and now I am getting the error message : "IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument BTC 05-21 Globex"

I did NOT get this error when loading data for the BTC 04-21 contract.

NT8 did manage to get the historical data for BTC 04-21 contract with the current symbol mapping but not getting data for the BTC 05-21 contract ..so the symbol mapping for BTC on Interactive brokers sems to have changed starting for the 05-21 contract ?

Can you verify the current symbol mapping for BTC on IB TWS ? the symbol mapping i have is "BRR|CMECRYPTO|||5"
                      Last edited by qewcool; 05-03-2021, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Hello qewcool,

Please see my response to the email you sent us.

Yes, the symbol map you have for the BTC futures is correct.

Did you change the symbol map for the MBT futures from BRR|CMECRYPTO|||0.1 to BRR|CMECRYPTO-disabled|||0.1? If not, please do so and then check if you receive data for the BTC 05-21.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have a similiar problem with Interactivebrokers. BTC contract is disabled and the MBT contract does not have the -disabled part. When entering an order i get a popup with the following message:
                          The contract description specified for BRR is ambiguous; you must specify the multiplier or trading class. I can initiate orders via IB TWS and order with my NT Brokerage account work, too. But not via NT8 against my IB account. I also updated general properties via DB Management.

Comment

Originally posted by qewcool View Post
                            still a problem :

I rollover my chart to BTC 05-21 contract and now I am getting the error message : "IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument BTC 05-21 Globex"

I did NOT get this error when loading data for the BTC 04-21 contract.

NT8 did manage to get the historical data for BTC 04-21 contract with the current symbol mapping but not getting data for the BTC 05-21 contract ..so the symbol mapping for BTC on Interactive brokers sems to have changed starting for the 05-21 contract ?

Can you verify the current symbol mapping for BTC on IB TWS ? the symbol mapping i have is "BRR|CMECRYPTO|||5"

yes MBT is disabled

symbol map for MBT I have : BRR|CMECRYPTO-disabled|||0.1
                            symbol map for BTC I have : BRR|CMECRYPTO|||5

everything is working like normal EXCEPT loading data for the BTC 05-21 contract which gives the above error message : "IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument BTC 05-21 Globex"

Also like I specified in my previous post, getting data for the BTC 04-21 contract on the above existing symbol mapping has worked. But not for the BTC 05-21 contract.

please try to reproduce on your side and advise on what symbol mapping will work
                            Last edited by qewcool; 05-03-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Does the issue persist after restarting your platform? If so, are you also unable to load this instrument to a Superdom or Basic entry order window?
                              The mapping you have listed is the correct mapping for the BTC contract with IB.

I look forward to hearing from you.
                              Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses