Collapse

NT8 - All chart are hanging/frozen when connecting to Interactive brokers TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 - All chart are hanging/frozen when connecting to Interactive brokers TWS

I dont know what changed in NT8 this week but now all my intraday charts are frozen waiting for "loading" on my daily charts in the format of ES ##-## that I was using for loading daily data via the free kinetick daily data link.

everything is frozen and no indicator is displayed on the intraday chart that are getting their data from interactive brokers.

the daily chart in the format ES ##-## are getting their daily data from the free kinetick link. Once they get their data I disconnect and connect to TWS for the intraday data and the setup was working fine since last week. Now everything is frozen waiting on "loading" on the daily chart. Before it was working fine and after a few minutes, NT8 would just give a pop-up error message saying the data for the daily chart in the format ES ##-## were not found on the Interactive Brokers link.

Now there is no pop-up error messages and NT8 seem to be hanging forever waiting on "loading" on the daily charts from the Interactive brokers link which is not where they get their data.

Did you change something so that the pop-up error messages dont occur anymore and that loading phase is skipped so that the intraday data from interactive brokers can load and their corresponding indicator can be drawn ?

took out all the daily chart that were getting their data from kinetick free daily link

just the intraday chart getting their data from tws and it is still hanging/frozen when connected to tws ... seems like NT8 is waiting on something although no chart is showing the "loading" status

when i disconnect from tws then the live data that has been accumulating since the connection shows up with all the indicators but historical data that i have been missing from last week is not downloaded from tws. thats probably what NT8 is waiting on : the backfill of historical data but usually this goes very fast but now it is just frozen there forever waiting.
    Last edited by qewcool; 05-02-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

seems like the historical data backfill loading missing historical data from tws to NT8 is somehow broken.

I tried to open a new chart with missing historical data and it is hanging at "loading" forever ... can you test historical data loading from IB TWS on your side see if it is working ?
      Last edited by qewcool; 05-02-2021, 07:55 PM.

Comment

My problem is fixed as discussed in this thread : https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...latformsupport

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920