gridlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gridlines

My gridlines will not appear on my charts. As my charts are first starting to load they are there then they disappear. I have tried evrything i can think of.
    please help.

Hello davidjrjr,

Thank you for your post.

Is it possible that the background of your chart and the grid lines are the same color? We can determine this by taking a look at the Chart Properties window.

Please post an image if your chart's Properties window with 'Colors' section and 'Lines' section fully visible. You may access the Chart Properties by right-clicking on the chart background and selecting 'Properties'.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Also, please ensure that the 'Visible' property is enabled for your grid lines from the Chart Properties window by expanding the 'Grid lines - horizontal' and 'Grid lines - vertical' sections.

Additionally, do you have any custom indicators applied to the chart? It's possible for certain indicators to suppress the grid lines' visibility programmatically. You could test this by opening a new, 1 Minute chart with no custom indicators or templates applied to see if they appear when there are no indicators applied.

I look forward to your reply.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So, in my case, I have built an indicator and for some reason, when it is on the chart, the horizontal grid lines disappear. When I take the indicator off, they show up again. What could be causing this?

In OnStateChange() I'm checking for (State == State.SetDefaults) and I have the following line:

DrawHorizontalGridLines = true;

so I would imagine that the lines should show up.

Additionally, when I check the properties of the cart, I see that 'grid line - horizontal' has the visible property [x] checked.
      The chart background is BLACK, the COLOR of the horizontal gridline is set to SILVER.

But even with all that, the grid lines are not showing up.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hello wildwex,

Thank you for your post.

I've forwarded your request to our Scripting Support team, and they will follow up with you shortly.

Thank you in advance for your patience.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello wildwex,

From the given details that does not provide much insight on what may be causing the issue. Have you tried to comment out all of your custom logic in the script, recompile and then remove/re-apply the indicator? That would let you know if some code in the file is the cause.

As a side note are you using OnRender in the file?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse -

No, I am not using OnRender in the file. Just OnUpdate.

But let me share with you how I proceeded based on your comments...

Well, this was an interesting exercise. Thanks for the recommendations. I essentially commented the code down to 3 lines of code including the namespace and the class of the indicator. All other code, parameters, etc. commented out, and the problem remained! Strange.

I ended up deleting the entire indicator, copying another indicator which didn't impact the display of the Horizontal Grid lines, and renaming the file and class to the same name for which I had a problem. I added the 'new' indicator to the chart and AGAIN, with completely different code, the Horizontal Grid Lines disappeared.

Perhaps there is some latent compiled version of that specific named indicator lurking around... I can't say for sure. It's indeed strange.

The ultimate solution was to take the failed indicator and change the filename and the class name, and use that new file/class with the exact same functionality, and walaa!... no more problem.

Overall, very strange but that said, thank you for your recommendations, it helped me get the problem solved.

-- Wex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            13 responses
            0 likes