Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Sim Account

Hi,

I have one NT Brokerage account with two login IDs and two life-time licenses for NT Platform installed on two computers; therefore, for live trading, I currently can enter a trade with my live account on 1 PC and exit/adjust prices on another PC.

For sim trading on NT8, is there any solution for me to set it up the same way? (i.e. to enter sim trades on 1 PC and to exit trades on another PC.)

SIM accounts are on the local machine only, so a SIM account on PC#1 can't be monitored/traded on PC#2. Also, for anyone else thinking about trading the same live account on two computers with NT running on both machines at the same time, you don't need two NT licenses, only two login IDs and two data subscriptions.

Comment

Hello ImpactX,

Thanks for the post.

I just wanted to confirm that Lancer was absolutely correct about the simulated accounts, they are held locally on your PC and it would not be possible to manage a simulated account on another PC, unless you transferred the physical database file between the two, as that is where all simulated trades are stored.

Please do note that the terms of service agreement state that a single license key may not be used to trade live simultaneously on two PC's, instead it allows for you to switch between two PCs as often as you like, as long as the trading is not simultaneous. Because you are trading on two different PCs at once, having two different license keys would be the recommended way to do so.

Please feel free to reach out with any further questions you may have.
      Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
      7 responses
      0 likes