Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper trade

Hi!

I want to know what I click to buy a future without the EMA and OHL setup? Just a straight paper trade that I manually buy and manually stop? I want to learn doing it both ways.

Thanks,
    Tanya

Hello Tanya,

You can submit orders using various order entry windows in NinjaTrader. I have included instructions for the 2 most popular order entry windows.

ChartTrader

SuperDOM

The account selected in the order entry window determines to what account the order is submitted. Select the Sim101 account if you like to trade in simulation (paper trade).

Please feel free to send me any additional questions you may have.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. My next question is when I initiate an action using Buy Bid if I want to take profit before losing money what do I click?

Comment

And also when I choose sell ask how do I take profit before losing money what do I click?

Comment

Also if I am in a 20 minute chart can I change it to 10 or 5 while I am in a trade?

Comment

Hello Tanya2021,

Thank you for the questions.

There is no button to click to guarantee you will not lose money. As you enter the market, the price could instantly change as you are filled putting you in a negative position. You will want to learn the difference between the different order types and when you will want to use each to maximize profits and reduce losses.

The fastest way to put your account to being flat on the instrument would be to click the "Close" button.

A Market Order will guarantee a fill, but it does not guarantee a price. So, you may experience more slippage and exit at a price you did not intend.
            A limit Order will guarantee a price, but it does not guarantee a fill. If the market is moving too fast and the current price moves past your limit order before it is able to fill, you could be stuck with that position.

The Buy Bid button will submit a Buy Limit order at the Bid Price.
            The Buy Ask button will submit a Buy Limit order at the Ask Price.

The Sell Bid button will submit a Sell Limit order at the Bid Price.
            The Sell Ask button will submit a Sell Limit order at the Ask Price.

Please see the following link for publicly available videos that demonstrate placing orders in different order entry windows within NinjaTrader:We are here to provide information on how the NinjaTrader platform works and what different buttons will do, but we are not able to provide any kind of trading advice on how to use the platform a specific way to make money. If you have questions on your account and how you should trade to reduce loss, I suggest reaching out to your broker for further information or suggestions.

To change the time interval of a chart, navigate to the top left section of the chart where it currently says the time interval, click that dropdown menu and select a different time interval.I suggest following along with the publicly available videos below for a full tutorial on using Charts in NinjaTrader 8:

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you exactly what I was looking for! I am glad I didn't use the close button! I don't need advice on how to make money. I am new to Ninjatrader8 I have used other platforms just trying to learn this one. If I have any other questions which I am sure I will I will post again. .

Comment

Ok after reviewing the information you gave me the only way to manually "stop" anything running would be the close button? Does that mean everything gained is lost or just no new gains?

Comment

Hello Tanya2021,

Thank you for the note.

The "Close" button is the fastest/easiest way to put your account to flat on a specific instrument.
                  • When you click Close, the platform will submit the necessary amount of Market Orders to put the account to flat. Profit or loss depends on where the orders entered vs where they actually exited after you clicked the 'Close' button
                  Otherwise, you are still able to use various orders to scale in and out of the market.
                  • For example if you were 5 Long on an instrument, you could use 1 Sell Limit or Sell Market order to sell off one of the contracts to put you down to being 4 Long on the instrument.
                  I suggest following along with this publicly available video that demonstrates using the Basic Entry Window, SuperDOM, and Chart Trader to place and modify orders in-depth. This video should demonstrate and answer many of your questions.

Comment

What does flat on an instrument mean?

Comment

Hello Tanya2021,

Thank you for the message.

Being Flat on an instrument means that you are not holding any contracts for that position; you are neither long or short on the instrument.

Please see the following publicly available link for an in-depth description of what being Flat means:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post cre8able  
                      Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes