X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing money without open positions

Hi

Questions:
    1)I was just watching the charts earlier this afternoon and around 11pm-ish tonight, not executing any trades when I noticed that I lose money on my account without doing anything. Lost 25 dollars each tonight and earlier this afternoon. I know I did trade like 2 to 3 times this afternoon and I wonder if there is a lag on commission fees, etc.,?

2)Also do I get a fine if I put an order to buy/sell then "insufficient margin" pops up? Im totally unaware of that. I know I have a small account but how do I know the margin for every trade.

3) Where do I find the log on how much profit or loss on each trades plus the all the fees? Like I said earlier around 11pm-ish from 610dollars down 585 with no open positions. I only left the computer for few minutes. Also happened around 4pm-ish this afternoon.

4) I always make sure I use the demo account for practicing trade entries. Do I get fees/charge by doing that?

I am sorry I got a lot going on. I would really appreciate your answers

Thank you
    Rainier

Hello Rainier,

1. Can you please contact your broker for clarification on the cash value of your trading account. If you have your trading account with the NinjaTrader brokerage, please send us an email at "brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com".

2. Please direct this question to your broker as well.

3. You can use the Trade Performance window to create a trade report. Please go to Control Center-->New-->Trade Performance. Set the start and end dates as you like and click Generate. More information regarding the Trade Performance window can be found at the link below.

Please note that the Trade Performance report has no bearing on actual trades that occurred and should always be considered secondary to your brokerage statement. NinjaTrader has no concept of 'trades', but simply pairs together executions. There are many reasons why a Trade Performance report can become out of sync. A few examples of this:
    • Partial fills
    • Missing executions
    • Duplicate executions
    • Holding overnight positions
    • Running a report from a start date on which you were not flat
    • Using another application or device to place an order may not record the execution within NinjaTrader, including another instance of NinjaTrader on another computer.
    4. No, there are no fees or charges upon trading the Sim101 account in the NinjaTrader platform.

No worries. Please feel free to send any additional questions you may have.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

I also was charged a $25 margin fee on 7/29/2021. What causes a margin fee to be charged to my account? I don't understand.

Comment

Hello wstovr,

I assume you have your trading account with the NinjaTrader brokerage. Please send us an email at "brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com" regarding your inquiry.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Regarding your questions:
            There could be a delay in commission fees being reflected on your account.
            You should only receive a fine if there's sufficient margin for a trade, but the order won't be executed. You can find the margin requirements for each trade on your trading platform or by contacting your broker.
            If you are experiencing financial troubles, learn about some hustles, like the audible income process. I hope that helps!​
            Last edited by WandsKingers; 03-31-2023, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Maybe margin fees have been applied to your account? I'm not sure how it works but money dissapear due to this reason sometimes. From my personal experience I may say that it's always better to check such things with your broker. He's more aware of the case. Let's not deny the fact that it may be a glitch in the system. Also, last but not least, you may have forgotten about some activities on your account... In this case, there's nobody to blame but you, sorry. You need to learn how to incorporate yourself to save your assets and be more attentive Anyways, hope it'll never happen to you again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post RookieTrader