Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Message

Hello,

when doing an entry with chart trader there appears the attached message. I have never had before and I dont know what its about.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files

Hello tonynt,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Risk and delete the risk templates. If you created custom risk templates, you can leave those.

Start NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Risk. Select the blank risk template on the left and click remove. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. When I do so then appears "you cannot remove the system default risk template."

But now it works also without removing the default.

What is this for? Never heard about it in any traderoom.

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Good to hear it now works.

Please note that I instructed to delete the template outside the platform and not from inside the platform.

Sorry I'm not completely sure what "this" refers to as per your last sentence. If you just refer to risk templates in general, they can be used for simulation accounts to define margin and maximum order/position size. Please see the link below for more information.

Comment

??

"Please note that I instructed to delete the template outside the platform and not from inside the platform."

step1: done
          step2: "Start NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Risk. Select the blank risk template on the left and click remove. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.

Last edited by tonynt; 05-06-2021, 05:22 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I don't get the error message you report when removing risk templates at Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Risk.

I do get the error message when trying to remove the risk template from within the NinjaTrader platform at Control Center-->Tools-->Risk.

Comment

This is what you wrote me in your 1st reply: "Start NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Risk. Select the blank risk template on the left and click remove. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists."

I could do what you instructed from outside NT. There is no question about.

But when I do what you instructed inside NT then I get the error-message.

This is what you replied me after I told you about the error-message: "Please note that I instructed to delete the template outside the platform and not from inside the platform" (!!!)

Comment

I see. I referred to a blank risk template (a template without a name) and not the NinjaTrader Brokerage Default template. It seems you did not have a blank risk template.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post funk10101  
                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                11 responses
                0 likes