Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volumetric chart not showing what I was expecting / need

Hi,

I use a 950 tick chart to trade with but I would like to add another layer of info in the form of volume traded at each tick level of each bar.

I have a lifetime license so have created a volumetric chart, with a tick base period and 950 base period value; I thought this would basically display a 950 tick chart with volume, but it doesn't.

It almost does but not quite. Can anyone explain if what I would like is possible and also what it is I'm actually looking at having created this chart please - is it a tick chart, volume chart or what, because when you compare it to both a 950 tick chart and also a 950 volume chart, it is neither.

Thanks.

Hello ballston,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Rather than using the Volumetric Bars to achieve this, the 'Order Flow Volume Profile' is capable of displaying a volume profile for each bar by using the 'Bars' profile period, and can be applied to your 950 Tick chart. You may also enable 'Show volume labels' property to display the volume at each tick level of the bar. Please see the attached image for an example of this. Additionally, I've included the section of our help guide that describes the Order Flow Volume Profile parameters at length;

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...VWAPParameters

Attached Files
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary,

Thanks very much for that.

Regards,
      Ben

Comment

Hi again,

Your suggestion does work for the volume side of things, but the volumetric chart offers more functionality which in hindsight I'd like to use too.

So my main question is why doesn't a 950 tick volumetric chart display the same bar data as a regular 950 tick chart and how to I make them the same?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello ballston,

Thank you for your reply.

I'd need to know more about the chart settings for the Volumetric bars because there are a number of different settings that I'd need to know to be able to reproduce the chart.

What 'Delta Type' are you using on your Volumetric chart?

How many 'Ticks per Level'?

Do you have a size filter set?

What 'Chart Style Type' are you using?

Please also take a couple of screenshots of the Data Series window of your Volumetric chart with all of the 'Data Series' and 'Chart Style' properties fully visible and attach them to your response.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

I look forward to further assisting you.
          Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zacharydw00, Today, 11:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zacharydw00  
          Started by luxurious_04, Today, 10:55 PM
          0 responses
          1 view