Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFD Chart Not Loaded

Hi all,

I get the following error message whenever I try to open a EUR/USD CFD chart in NT:

"Error on requesting bars series: 'IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument @EURUSD Default".

I can open the chart in TWS without any problem.

How do I have to configure my instruments in NT to be able to open them?

Thanks.

Hello Peppo,

Thank you very much for your post.

At the current time, Stock and Forex CFDs are unfortunately not supported through Interactive Brokers.

We have a pending feature request with our Development Team in this regard, I've reached out to them to add a vote to this feature request.

As soon as I hear back I will follow up with an ID for this request.

Thank you in advance for your patience!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Manfred,

thank you for your answer.

I found out that the same problem was raised also in this topic "IB CFD Trading" since 2015 tracked by feature request SFT-319. So, we are talking about 6 years ago....

Is there any chance that feature request will be implemented any time soon?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Peppo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

SFT-319 tracks the overall interest in enabling this feature for a variety of brokerages. The issue we're facing is that each brokerage handles this very differently and submits different data through the API.

While we have been able to enable this feature for several of the providers, it is not yet possible for Interactive Brokers.

Be assured, we're not only recording the interest in this but are actively working with Interactive Brokers to enable this feature.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard.

Comment

Hello bentleystop,

We do not currently have an ETA for the implementation of this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Please let me know, should you have any further questions in this regard!

Comment

Hi NT support

Just to make sure I haven't missed out on any news as regards trading CFDs with IB: was there an update (i.e. is it possible to trades e.g. FX CFDs with IB) in the meantime?

Comment

Hello Stett0002 ,

Thank you very much for your post.

At the current time, it is not possible to trade Forex CFDs through Interactive Brokers.

Once this feature is implemented you may find it in our Release Notes linked below:

Comment

There are no CFDs on NT right now. But I think I'll wait until it's supported. Either, I don't know platform news, and NinjaTrader has already updated its capabilities. Anyway, I don't have the opportunity to try new investments on unstable CFDs yet. Plus, I studied spread betting. I needed to know what is the difference between CFD and spread betting. I wanted to choose one of the two. Of course, I draw a conclusion in favor of spread betting, but CFD still attracts me. So, guys. If you know which platforms support CFD trading, share the link with me. I want to invest in this at least once.​
                Last edited by SlayerDose; 01-14-2023, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post xiinteractive  
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred