Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTY Monitor Candlesticks

Hello,

NT was reacting slow and with lagging today when clicking on chart windows.

I disconnected and connected again and opene uty-monitor. And there to my surprise "Candlestick" shows highest number, usually volumeprofile is highest number.

Now I want to ask if "Candlestick" in the attached screenshot refers only to the "basic" chartstyle or also to an indicator with candlesticks.

I hope I could translate and explain what I mean. (would I remove all indicators on all charts, would then the "candlesticks" in utymonitor still showing high numbers).

Do the candlestick bars in volumetric dataseries show up in volumetric or in candlesticks? I have made me coloring of candlesticks from conditions as shown in the screenshot.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonynt; 05-11-2021, 09:14 AM. Reason: add question and screenshot

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

Candlestick would refer to the Candlestick Chart Style specifically.

No, Volumetric bars would show up like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-05-11_09-22-56.png
Views:	166
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1155588

This is with only a 10000 Tick Volumetric chart open and nothing else running on the platform.

What else is open in your current workspace? Are any other workspaces open, but not currently visible? If you check under Workspaces, any workspace with a gray box next to its name is open but not currently visible.

If you're running a chart with a basic candlestick chart style on a very granular, quick moving market we could see a lot of processing usage simply due to high numbers of ticks coming in.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I have honestly running a lot of charts. But I have this for months and never candlesticks showed highest number in utymonitor. As I have coded (I hope I´m done now with all ideas) also the last days and using tickbars in my indicators I thought that the high number is coming from my indicators. But from your reply I understand that "candlesticks" in my screenshot refers tot the basic candlestick bars of NinjaTrader, and not caused by an indicator, so lets say whatever poor coding I would have done in an indicator this would not increase the number of candlesticks in the screenshot of my utymonitor?

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

No, if the issue was in an indicator that would show under the indicator.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hello,

because my NT stucked today again I opened utymonitor again and checked for few minutes and to my surprise the highest numbers are for BarsType 1 Tick and BarsType 1 Minute.
          I have maybe 10 Range chars but only 1 chart with 1 minute. What might cause this please?

And the 1 Tick is referring to what please? I have strategies using orderflowdelta and there is first added dataseries 1 Tick, as one need this in the code for delta. But this is not enabled yet.

The "barstype" is from an indicator or chart?

Thank you!
          Tony

Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your reply.

It's possible indicators you're using are calling additional data series - since you've got a 1 minute chart open any other 1 minute series would be tracked all together.

I'd recommend to narrow down whether it's an issue with the platform itself or possibly with a custom NinjaScript item that you try starting in Safe mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
            • Loading workspaces.
            • Connecting on start-up.
            • Loading custom assemblies.
            • Getting instrument updates from the server.
            To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
            • Exit NinjaTrader.
            • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
            • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
            • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
            Once in safe mode, you will only see the Control Center. Please manually connect to your data feed and try to open a chart. Do you receive data on this chart? If you open a Time and Sales window next to it, do the prices change at the same time? Do you see freezing behavior?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
            95 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post xiinteractive  
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes