Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation Trades Not Calculating Net Results Properly

Good Morning,

I entered a simulation trade this morning and my simulation account was not properly credited. I looked in my Orders and Executions tab and it showed that the targets were filled properly and yet the results were off by 3/4 of a point.

Can you explain please?

Thank you.

Hello Joeinabq,

Thank you for your post.

Without more information, it's hard to say. When it comes to order analysis, I will need to take a look at your diagnostic files and information specific to this trade. Since I need to collect potentially sensitive information that cannot be posted on the forum, I'd like to continue this request over email.

Please send me your database, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Database file'.

Additionally, within the body of the email, answer each of the following questions:
    • What is the Order ID of the entry order?
    • What is the Order ID of the exit order?
    • What instrument were you trading?
    • What time did this occur today?
    • What PnL were expecting from the trade and what was the actual PnL reflected in the Sim101 account?
    • Do you have a Commission template applied to the Sim101 account?
    Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3100431 Attn Zachary

I look forward to further assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Zachary, you might be able to answer this without quite so much trouble. Do the execution and Orders tab simply display the prices of the stop or target and not necessarily show the ACTUAL price where the transaction occurred? And the Account tab shows the actual result of the trade. In other parlance, is slippage shown in the Execution or Order tab, or only in the Account tab upon close of the trade?

Please, advise.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Joeinabq,

Thank you for your response.

This would depend on what column that you are looking at. The 'Price' column on the 'Executions' tab will display the price at which the order was filled. The 'Avg Price' column of the 'Orders' tab will also display the price at which the order was filled (if there is a quantity of more than 1, it will use an average of the prices that each contract filled at). However, the 'Limit', 'Stop' and 'Price' columns of the 'Orders' tab behave differently and do not reflect the actual fill price, but rather the prices at which each respective order type was triggered. For example, if I placed a limit order, the 'Limit' column and the 'Price' column on the 'Orders' tab will display my limit price, while the 'Avg Price' column will display the price at which the order filled.

I would strongly prefer to avoid continuing to make guesswork of the issue. I'm certain there is a perfectly logical explanation, but guessing will not result in a satisfactory response. If you'd like to continue trying to figure out the discrepancy is and have not been able to put your finger on it just yet, please send in an email with the information that I had previously requested and we can give you a definite answer after analyzing the information. I don't want to take shots in the dark and give you incorrect information. It's not a responsible way to troubleshoot.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Zachary, is there a column that displays the price that an order actually executes at as opposite to where the order was requested?

Comment

Hello Joeinabq,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the 'Avg Price' column on the 'Orders' tab will display the fill price and the 'Price' column on the 'Executions' tab also displays the fill price.

Comment

Thanks Zachary, I'll take a look at this and verify one of those gives me the information I'm looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by gravdigaz6, Yesterday, 11:40 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred