<instrument> is not enabled for real time level I quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<instrument> is not enabled for real time level I quotes

I have a connection to Continuum and can place/execute orders, but I do not get a live price feed for any instruments (tried MYM, YM, CL). When I look at the log file, I see "MYM 06-21 is not enabled for real time level I quotes" after NT 8 starts up and connects. How do I get the live price feed working again?

Thanks!
    Bryan
    cassb
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Hello cassb,

Please reset your instruments with the steps below.
    • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    • In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    • Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur
    If you continue to receive this error this indicates your account does not currently have real time data enabled for the instrument(s) selected. To verify what is required to enable real time data please contact your broker directly and if any changes are made to your account be sure to restart NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi I'm using continuum demo and I'm getting the same error. I was using NDX before ... do you have any other idea what can be wrong?

Time Category Message
      3/22/2022 4:54:49 PM Default Failed to resolve instrument for market data: NDX is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading.
      Time Category Message
      3/22/2022 4:53:15 PM Default Failed to resolve instrument for market data: MBTK22 is not enabled for real-time quotes and trading.

and I did what you proposed ...

Comment

Currently NinjaTrader Continuum demo accounts do not have real time data enabled for Index instruments or MBT Futures and can only be enabled for live funded accounts.

Comment

I'd swear that it worked ... and also currently it's working for MNQ ...

Comment

Real time data for MNQ is currently enabled with NinjaTrader Continuum demo accounts.

Comment

Ok good, now for some reason I can't load Tick data for MNQ for period 1/1/2020 - 05/30/2020 and before that date. Tick period was loaded properly for dates after 1/6/2020 till 2022.
              Any ideas?
              Thanks

Comment

To clarify did you mean that data loads fine from 6/1/2020 until 2022? Within NinjaTrader Continuum we store 1 year of historical Tick data however some instruments may have additional historical data available. Also keep in mind MNQ Micro E-mini Nasdaq 100 Futures began trading on the CME Exchange on 3/4/2020.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 03-30-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Where/How can I check what is the current product tick history supported? (How can I get to history of several years to the past to better tune the strategy with tick data enabled?)
                  Thanks

Comment

Hello Jozef Neuschl,

Portara CQG offers historical tick data for use in NinjaTrader. For information on the amount of data available with a 3rd party provider you will want to contact the provider.

NinjaTrader supports multiple market data providers delivering access to futures, forex and stock data along with free EOD data through Kinetick.

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 7.50.53 AM.png Views:	4 Size:	429.6 KB ID:	1207997

I keep getting the same error:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 11.29.21 AM.png
Views:	1135
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	1208188
                      Last edited by Shai Samuel; 07-12-2022, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Hello Shai,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This means that your account does not currently have real-time data enabled for that instrument. You will need to contact your broker directly so that they can assist you with enabling data on your account. If NinjaTrader is your broker, you will need to complete your market data enablement form before real-time data will be activated on your account. You may access this form from the following link;

Please note that this form is exclusively for NinjaTrader Brokerage users. Anyone with third party brokerage accounts must contact their broker directly. Additionally, you will need your account username as well as the email address that is associated with your account. If you do not have this information or are unsure of this information, please contact brokeragesupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com for additional assistance.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further in the future.
                        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                        11 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
                        Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes