Order Flow Market Depth Map setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Market Depth Map setting

Hi I just tried the Market Depth Map for the first time for Mes. I am not sure what's the good setting to put. I put 15 min and 100 levels and obviously doesn't look right. Am I supposed to look at it under 1 min time frame or less like the example? What's the max# of levels I can put? And it appears to be drawing the minute i turned it on, so it won't show data prior to that? Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

The Order Flow Market Depth Map is a real time indicator, so it will begin plotting from the moment it is applied. It can take a few bar cycles to start seeming meaningful and to fully fill out the chart.

How many levels can be displayed will be limited by how many levels the data provider supplies. The settings would be up to your personal preferences to determine how you like to visualize the map best.

More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can You adjust the market depth or it is a fixed number ?

Comment

Hello rene69851,

You can configure it using the "# of market depth levels" setting. However please note that it is limited by how many levels of market depth the broker/data feed connection provides. If the broker/data feed connection provides 20 levels of market depth, but you enter a value of 50, it will display 20 levels of market depth. More information on the Order Flow Market Depth Map indicator can be found at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Marco View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for writing in today.

The Order Flow Market Depth Map is a real time indicator, so it will begin plotting from the moment it is applied. It can take a few bar cycles to start seeming meaningful and to fully fill out the chart.

How many levels can be displayed will be limited by how many levels the data provider supplies. The settings would be up to your personal preferences to determine how you like to visualize the map best.

More information can be found below in our Help Guide article regarding this topic:

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
          Hello
          I have subscribed with NinjaTrader to get access to futures DOM, how I can check how many levels of DOM I can see in real time? in Level II window the number works up to 10 for 6E MAR24 (euro futures), does it mean we have access to only 10 levels not more? my goal is to use those data inside my indicator, how can I check how many levels are available?

Comment

Hello tidicofx,

Can you please right click in the Level II window and select Properties. Set one of 'Number of price levels' settings to 100 and click OK. Check how many levels of market depth you receive.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes