Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Will two simultaneous automated strategies on same instrument cancel each other out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will two simultaneous automated strategies on same instrument cancel each other out?

If I have 2 charts open, one a ES 2k tick and one an ES 5 min chart, can I have 2 simultaneous strategies running -- 1 running for the 2k chart and one for the 5 min? Or will that cause them to cancel each other out? If my strategy makes an auto entry on the 5 min, will that show up on the 2k tick chart or vice versa?
    Or are "stops" assigned to their respective order on their respective chart?

Hello MatthewLesko,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaScript strategies use a virtualized position that is separate from the actual account position. This allows you to run separate strategies independently on the same instrument.

Here is a link to our documentation on the Strategy Positions vs. Account Positions: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm

Please bear in mind that while running unique strategies on the same account is possible, running multiple instances of the same strategy on the same account can cause issues when using a start behavior that matches historical orders with realtime. For example, Immediately Submit will match the strategy's historical orders to see if there are orders that belong to the strategy. If there are multiple instances of the strategy, there may be risk for mismatching. Please see the Syncing Account Position documentation for more details on start behaviors:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?syncing_account_positions.htm

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisSch View Post
      Hello MatthewLesko,

Thank you for your note.

NinjaScript strategies use a virtualized position that is separate from the actual account position. This allows you to run separate strategies independently on the same instrument.

Here is a link to our documentation on the Strategy Positions vs. Account Positions: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm

Please bear in mind that while running unique strategies on the same account is possible, running multiple instances of the same strategy on the same account can cause issues when using a start behavior that matches historical orders with realtime. For example, Immediately Submit will match the strategy's historical orders to see if there are orders that belong to the strategy. If there are multiple instances of the strategy, there may be risk for mismatching. Please see the Syncing Account Position documentation for more details on start behaviors:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?syncing_account_positions.htm

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
      Hi NinjaTrader_ChrisSch
      Sorry for delay I missed this response.
      Thing is when I'm running two strategies on the same Chart it sometimes turns into this after order is stopped and I'm not sure why:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2stratsconfusion.png
Views:	141
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1164228

Comment

Hello MatthewLesko,

The screenshot shows 4 active orders. I suspect the entry orders are paired as a trade and so you are left with these 4 active orders. Do you see a flat position in the Control Center-->Accounts-tab for the account in question?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello MatthewLesko,

The screenshot shows 4 active orders. I suspect the entry orders are paired as a trade and so you are left with these 4 active orders. Do you see a flat position in the Control Center-->Accounts-tab for the account in question?
          I don't see account PnL it going up or down in value though so it's like those are just orders waiting to be activated

Comment

Hello MatthewLesko,

For your recent inquiry, these positions are active as they have not been hit or filled by the price. These positions would not show up on your chart if they were not 'active' as they would not appear at all. Is there a PnL within the Chart Trader that you have these positions on?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            1 response
            0 likes