Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick charts frequently have spaces between bars

Hi,
    I started using tick charts recently, and see a frequent issue that was very rare on my minute charts. There are often spaces between bars. Why is this happening? How do I stop it?Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 05-25-21 at 01.22 PM.PNG
Views:	310
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1157529
    Thank you,
    biegea

Actually I think I figured it out -- I think it's because I also have a 5m data series hiding out in this chart as well.

Comment

Hello biegea,

Correct if another time interval data series is used this can cause bar spacing like you have described. If you are using a chart with a single interval you can set equal distant bar spacing by right clicking in the chart->Properties->Enable "Equidistant bar spacing" then click Ok.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Chris, a follow-up here. I have two identical data series for my 400-tick MNQ now -- one using RTH hours (to support RTH-centric indicators), one using globex hours. The RTH data series candles are set to have transparent bodies and wicks so they are invisible. The intermittent spaces I highlighted in my earlier note are gone, but I have new problem. During the overnight hours, the candles look the way I want them to (and the way all of my other chart candles look -- including charts with two identical data series based on *minutes* rather than ticks). But during RTH hours, the candles revert to this wider spacing. I played with my settings and realized the spaces are actually the other data series candles. I am guessing that this happening since at the 9:30 open, my Globex tick candle from pre-RTH is still counting ticks before printing the next one, and my RTH candle is starting at 9:30 sharp, so the data series are not in sync. How do I get the Globex and RTH tick candles to print on top of one another and stay sync'ed during RTH? If you can help me resolve this, my subsequent question will be "how do I change the time series of my primary data series using the dropdown without getting my candles messed up again?" but I'm happy to take it one step at a time. Thank you!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 05-25-21 at 10.46 PM.PNG
Views:	258
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	1157607

Comment

I have tested this on my end and this appears to be due to the different Trading hours templates being used which causing bars to be spaced further apart when both instruments are plotting during the RTH session. Unfortunately there is not currently a workaround or setting to change this behavior within the chart when different Trading hour templates are being applied.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 05-26-2021, 09:05 AM.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Mizzouman1  
          Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
          1 response
          0 likes