Correcting my Strategy position versus Global account position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correcting my Strategy position versus Global account position

Hi. I have that Custom Strategy and, for now, it is launched (or attached) to a Chart. I'd really really like to implement it
    within the NinjaTrader AddOn class hierarchy but, for now I'm delaying that big chunk of work.

When my Strategy thinks it's FLAT; but the true Global position says I've still got an open position; I'd like to
    correct that. (this should be fairly rare)

What's the easiest way for me to make that (rare) correction in my Global position; *without* causing my Strategy to be
    terminated?

When I do a "manual" correction on the NinjaTrader platform to close all Account Positions, it then Terminates my
    running Strategy; and that is what I'd like to avoid, of course.

I think there are some AddOn-hierarchy-related calls that may yield the Global Account position; and I'd hope I can then execute some
    Buys or Sells in my Strategy to bring the Global position into line with what my Unmanaged Strategy believes it to be (without
    shutting me down).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction !!
    hyper

Hello Hyper,

Thanks for your post.

"When my Strategy thinks it's FLAT; but the true Global position says I've still got an open position". Are you saying the strategy has an open account position and the strategy position shows that its flat (Seen in the strategies tab)?

Or are you saying you have an open position on another instrument that you would like to close? (I'm confused by the use of "global" as I am unsure of the context.)

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, this is an Unmanaged Strategy; and it keeps track of a concept of "Position" which consists of an Entry order and a compensating
      Exit order. Possibly due a rare bug on my side; I may think that this collection of Positions is net FLAT.

However, the NinjaTrader Account on the platform dashboard reveals that there may be an open position; that I'll need to neutralize.

Hope that clarifies what's going on. Remember that this is fully Unmanaged; and so I handle all of the Order states.

At any given time, I'm working many orders, but always on the same Futures Instrument, e.g. MNQ or NQ, in only a single Account.

hyperscalper
      Last edited by Hyper; 05-25-2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Hello Hyper,

Thanks for your reply.

What data feed do you connect to?

Comment

I use, and also analyze the full Rithmic Market Depth as my data feed.
          Event rates incoming are typically 25k events per minute, up to 50k-ish at burst peaks,
          so the whole Analytics side of things is more difficult than the Order Entry side.
          hyper

Comment

Perhaps I could use from the Strategy instance, something related to:

Position[] positions = this.PositionsAccount; // where this is the Strategy instance

And thusly, determine what correction I may need to do to my own accounting.

hyper

Comment

Hello Hyper,

Thanks for your reply.

You could manually close the position by placing an opposite-side market order.

When the position question occurs, does it only happen when you start the strategy? If so what is the strategy start-up behavior set to?

What code are you currently using to pull the account position?

Comment

You said: "You could manually close the position by placing an opposite-side market order."

Yeah, that's exactly what I would do; but I just need to get the Account position(s) and do exactly that.

Just wanting confirmation as to how I can get the "true", "global" Account positions, is what this post is all about...

...discrepancies between my accounting and the broker's accounting are very rare, over hundreds of trades...

hyper

Comment

Hello Hyper,

Thanks for your reply.

You can use: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ns_account.htm

Comment

Thank you for the info. I'll give it a shot; and report back when I observe the
                    issue, and whether that info allows me to correct it; without my Strategy being Terminated.

hyper

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post traderqz  
                    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes