How to change quantity of a brack order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change quantity of a brack order

Current I have a TP of 100 and SL of 95 on a bracket (ATM Strategy order). If I set the quantity of the order to 2 and enter a position, it will make it so the total exit is $100 for both orders. Is there a way to make it so that if I want 2 positions on that bracket to both come out at $100 TP each without hitting buy bid or sell ask twice?

Hello ebaydan777,

Sorry I'm not quite sure if I understand. You would set the order quantity field to 2 in the order entry window you use (which you already do). Subsequently you only have to submit an entry order once as it will be submitted with a quantity of 2. ATM orders will be submitted with a quantity of 2 as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Correct but the two orders combined with the TP I set in the ATM of 100 is where it stops. Instead shouldn't it go to 200, 100TP each per position instead of a total of 100 for both positions?

Comment

No, if you have a value entered of 100 for 'Profit' in the ATM strategy, the profit target (regardless of quantity) is submitted at 100 and not 200.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 05-26-2021, 05:06 AM.

Comment

I took a screenshot. It does 110 TP with 90 SL https://i.imgur.com/rEvaRO0.png Am i missing something?

Comment

Can you please provide a screenshot that shows the ATM strategy you have setup.

When I test it on my end, I get the outcome in the attached screenshot.

Please tell me the exact steps you take that resulted in the outcome of your screenshot.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like mine is setup the same way: https://i.imgur.com/LT5Roue.png
              instead of each position trying to TP at 105, it combines the two for a total of 110 between both. Not sure why

Comment

Ok, so you don't enter the position with an entry order that has a quantity of 2, correct? You submit 2 separate entry orders with a quantity of 1. Could it be these 2 entry orders execute at a different price and so you get an average entry price? You can find order execution prices at Control Center-->Executions-tab.

Comment

No, I have quantity 2. But they enter at the same price according to the ATM. problem is for some reason they combine for a total of $105 profit instead of having them each set for a profit of 105 to total $210. I have no idea why.

Comment

I see. If you want a profit of $200 (or $210), please enter a value of 200 (or 210) for 'Profit' in your ATM strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post PaulMohn  
                    Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes